AVIC411.com

Firmware Update 3.0101 Issue: System Startup in Progress

Since I don't think I'm the only person that's had this problem... (and yes, I am a newby).

Brand new unit, X910BT, no mods, and I attempted to update the firmware per the instructions from Pioneer (including using their firmware). After the installation and reset, from the main menu, I'd get the message of "System Startup in Progress" followed in about 3 minutes with a reboot.

No, I had not done a backup trusting in firmware that actually works (I should have know better).

Anyway, to back myself out, I followed Dragon24's instructions for updating to 3.0 to a fresh installation (viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25817). Worked perfectly - no problems. And then, because I just wanted to see if the firmware was as messed up as I thought it might be, I tried it again. Same results. Backed it out again, but this time with a modified data.zip that included the changing the parking brake speed. Everything is working great now, and I no annoying messages over 16 MPH.

But, I still would like to do the firmware update (do I?). Any ideas? I was thinking about updating the files from Dragon24's build with the latest and greatest from Pioneer and seeing what that did. I'm not sure the newest firmware is worth the effort and hope someone can tell me their thoughts.

Thanks in advance...