AVIC411.com

z-1 electical issue/ installer cost/ alarm issue

ok i tried to hook up the z-1 in my 2006 dodge ram 1500. When I hooked it up I had a problem that it seemed to come on but when I shut the truck off and restarted the radio it would not come back on. I am not sure if i wired it right. I used a Peripheral CHYAH05 to hook the wires up, I guess I need this but I wasn't sure of all the wire connections. Does anyone know the wire diagram for the wires between the Peripheral CHYAH05 and the Z-1. The BIGGER problem was I just left the radio alon for the night to go try again the next day, when i went to check things out i heard a noise i looked around and saw that my dash gauges would flicker about every 10 15 seconds. So I then unhooked the radio I then went to start my truck and it started then shut off. The it would not start at all. I take the keys out then try again then it would start and then shut off. My dash had put up a little lighting bolt in my dash cluster. Well after that I was frekin out. So I thought it seems to cut out like if my alarm us on. So iwent and took the battery cables off and put them back on and it seemed to do the trick. Has anyone else seem to have a problem like that. Also is it that important to disconnet the battery before wiring a radio? Also i did check into getting this done the installer I went to told me it was going to cost $1000 to hook my stuff up. Radio, bluetooth, back up camera, and sirius, and the bypass. I was like holy s**t. Does that sound fare. Plus they said if nothing works right i still have to pay. I was like can't you test everything before you hook it up. They said no we just hook everything up like it should and it should work. This whole thing is just making me sick. I just wanted a nice radio for my truck but it has been nothing but a pain. I can't seem to find any honest or fare people. Can anyone help me with the wire hook up isn't there a installer program that just tells you guys how to hook stuff up for certain cars and trucks. Sorry for such a long post. I am just bumed out

Sounds like that Peripheral part is not working correctly. Just buy a metra harness (part #70-6502), but you'll have to run an accessory wire to the ignition harness (it'll be pink/white). All that Peripheral part does is create an accessory wire from the factory bus system. Or get the place you bought that harness from to swap it out for a new one.