AVIC411.com

Just to throw in a little more explanation. I believe but am not 100% positive that you would need to split your antenna to the HD module and the AVIC.

That is what I did and the MSN works fine. In all honesty I did not try to see if MSN came in on the HD Module. Logic says that is should work, but the question is if the AVIC still sees the MSN data stream over the HD hookup.

Let us know what happens if you go this route.

Regards,

M

In all honesty I did not try to see if MSN came in on the HD Module. Logic says that is should work, but the question is if the AVIC still sees the MSN data stream over the HD hookup.

That wont work. The MSN service requires its own tuner and the unit only looks for MSN data through the proprietary connection on the unit.

In all honesty I did not try to see if MSN came in on the HD Module. Logic says that is should work, but the question is if the AVIC still sees the MSN data stream over the HD hookup.

That wont work. The MSN service requires its own tuner and the unit only looks for MSN data through the proprietary connection on the unit.

Okay, VBLUE, not sure I understand your repose, should this work or do I need to split the antenna into both units?

Z110 = pass thru. No splitter required

F9xxx-series = no pass through. Splitter required

Refer to the installation manual if you would like pictures. Antenna goes from the car, into the MSN tuner, out of the MSN tuner, into the HD tuner and ends there. AM/FM with be greyed out in your source menu, you will use the HD tuner for all tuning

Yes, I looked at the instruction manual and picture. If you do, you will notice it goes directly into the Z110, not an HD tuner. My HD tuner stopped working when I installed the MSN Direct device so my question was whether or not this was related. Since this unit doesn't work with even the newest model CD changer it wouldn't have surprised me if this wasn't compatible as well.

Anyway, after some further trouble-shooting I determined that the antenna extension was faulty and I stressed a weak point, thus causing it to fail. Replaced extension and all is good. :D