AVIC411.com

z110bt +sd card + mp4 files

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not. SD card/USB device playback of video is probably one of this units biggest drawbacks. Some people on here have dedicated dozens of hours on trying to figure out why one video file plays while the other does not. Honestly, unless you want to drive yourself crazy tinkering with some sort of video file converter program (like SUPER) for hours and hours your best bet is to simply load it on your ipod and play it from there. Anything else and you are just asking for torture and disappointment.

I kinda agree... It's not worth it...

Or at least it's easier to sync them to your IPod...

The way I see, Pioneer was smart by not investing much work($$$) into coding/decoding all the different standards..formats...resolutions...bit rates...etc... Plus investing in the hardware that it needs to do this...

Instead, they get better/cheaper results in letting another device do it... In which the Ipods, Namely the Touch and IPhone, do a pretty good job of doing... It's less hardware intensive to do it this way as the Ipods are meant to do this...

But it does work... but you have to play by Pioneer's specs... I use professional video editing software which is pretty pricey... (Sony Vegas Pro 9)

It sounds like a big suck.. but thinking about it, even the IPods have their limitations...

You really should have started here though...

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=30429