AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z1 Changing channels on its own XM/FM/DVD...any ideas?

This is a common problem with Trailblazers and Envoy's. The techs at PAC were aware of this problem, but it took three calls before they would own up to it. I've tried just splicing( w/ brown loop cut) and cutting the steering wheel wire loose from the BCM and connecting it straight to the PAC piece( w/ brown loop un-cut). The later worked best for me, but it still has the same problem, just not as offen. When the wire is cut you will loose the control of on-star from the steering wheel. On the plus side, you can use that button to control one more feature on the radio.

I haven't had any problems with the SWIX as long as you cut the brown loop on GM SUV's in a while, my SWIX's must be newer. Although, putting one in a 2000-up 3-series BMW does some funky stuff for the first 10 seconds or so after turning on the key, because the same wire sends an "all is well" signal from the steering wheel to the computer. I've also found that if you disconnect power from the SWIPS while the ground and signal wires are still connected and the radio is still powered up, (back on subject) the SWIPS will start sending out signals and making the radio do some strange things, like change source, usually. Check that your accessory lead to the SWIPS is good and solid and cycles the same as the radio accessory lead and does not shut off while the radio is powered up.