AVIC411.com

X710 - Ipod will not work after reset

I recently had my AVIC-F700 stolen from my vehicle. Insurance covered repairing my dash/door and sent me a new X710. I had it professionally installed and it worked fine for 2 weeks. Then, the screen would go blank intermittently after switching back to the menu from the backup camera. The music/ipod would still play, just couldnt see the screen. Today, it happened again and I hit the reset button while I was driving.

After the reset, I could not get any sound from the ipod and key beeps would not work. I made sure the AV1 was set to IPOD and that the key volume was set to yes. Still no luck. If I changed the source to FM, then the key beeps started working. Once I went back to the IPOD, still no sound and no beeps.

I reset again, unplugged IPOD & USB cable, tried different IPOD, and still had no luck. Then I took it back to the installation place and they told me it was setup correctly and the stereo was most likely bad.

i will be calling the place I got the stereo from & Pioneer on Monday to see what the next steps are. What a pain in the A%#.

Has anyone experienced this? Any recommendations are are appreciated. Thx

Yes agreed. I have to take it back to the installer on Monday to have them do verify a couple of things per request of the insurance stereo replacement company. If everything checks out, I will have another one shipped out. It will be nice to have my ipod back. FM stinks. Wish I had satellite.