AVIC411.com

Bluetooth auto connect order

I did a search for this topic and couldn't find anything.

With the regard to auto-connect feature for bluetooth on the F series, the manual says it will auto connect in the "registration number order". I thought that it should work down the phone list until it finds a phone to connect to, but it doesn't actually do that. What is does is only try to auto-connect to the last used phone, and if that is not available it stops trying. The other phone can be connected by going into the phone menu and manually selecting it but this is far from ideal when driving.

Am I missing something? I notice that there is an update bluetooth software facility, have there been any updates? Mine is running HW100 - SW290

OK, thanks I'll have a look at that. Both our phones are Nokia - one is a 6300 and the other a 6233 so I should be OK with the SW330. They both work perfectly when connected. Does anyone know if it the newer firmware makes any difference to how it auto-connects? In fact does anyone have an F series with either firmware that auto-connects to more than one phone depending on which is in the car?

OK, thanks I'll have a look at that. Both our phones are Nokia - one is a 6300 and the other a 6233 so I should be OK with the SW330. They both work perfectly when connected. Does anyone know if it the newer firmware makes any difference to how it auto-connects? In fact does anyone have an F series with either firmware that auto-connects to more than one phone depending on which is in the car?

My phones do not auto connect and I have SW330 installed.

Jimbo

Jimbo

What, none of them? At least mine will auto-connect, but only the last-used one.

Opps Sorry! It does connect to lasted used one but does not change when I switch to different phone.

Jimbo

Jimbo

What, none of them? At least mine will auto-connect, but only the last-used one.

Opps Sorry! It does connect to lasted used one but does not change when I switch to different phone.

Jimbo

OK, so that's exactly the same as mine. The manual definitely states that it will auto-connect in order of registration. That surely means that it was meant to work down the list of registered phones until it finds one that it can connect to. This is the obvious way of doing it and also how other parrot systems and most OEM systems work. I wonder why Pioneer changed it? I am surprised this hasn't been mentioned more on here as this is a serious shortcoming for anyone who shares a car, or uses more than one phone.

• 2 weeks later...

I have spoken to Pioneer UK about this. They spoke to their workshop engineers who confirmed that the unit only auto-connects to the last connected phone. I pointed out that this is not what is stated in the manual, or the way most OEM and Parrot systems work, and they said would pass this on to the design team in Japan. At the very least they may correct the manual.