AVIC411.com

starting out with f700bt

Hi,

i recently bouhgt an F700BT and found out about this site. I have some questions but it seems to be a real pain in the @ to get the info you need, maybe im not searching the way i should. i already updated my F700BT with firmware 2.0

Could someone awnser these questions please ?

1. how to update my European maps and where can i get it ?

2. i have seen some vids on youtube where people have road signs in their navigation. How do i enable them ?

3. EU 3.0 firmware upgrade for F700BT. I know there are tons of guides around that describe this but i am not sure which one to follow.

4. Is there a designers tutorial for creating custom skins etc ? Im good with Photoshop :D

Thanks, i think all of you are doing great jobs..

Hi, could somebody please help. I cant find the info im looking for using the search function

EVERYTHING that you are asking about is here in this forum. This is a Mod Forum, not a 'how to' forum. I was in the same boat that you are in when I first came here. I learned EVERYTHING from this forum and the members here through searches and a LOT of reading. I am not talking about hours of reading, I am talking about weeks! Do a lot of reading before attempting your first mod. Then look at the file structure of the Avic and where everything is! Learn it! Know it! Then do a backup of your files and start to try out a few mods. Once you have that down pat, you can try to alter some changes yourself and start modding yourself. Nobody is going to hold your hand, you have to do the homework and learn!

Hi, could somebody please help. I cant find the info im looking for using the search function

EVERYTHING that you are asking about is here in this forum. This is a Mod Forum, not a 'how to' forum. I was in the same boat that you are in when I first came here. I learned EVERYTHING from this forum and the members here through searches and a LOT of reading. I am not talking about hours of reading, I am talking about weeks! Do a lot of reading before attempting your first mod. Then look at the file structure of the Avic and where everything is! Learn it! Know it! Then do a backup of your files and start to try out a few mods. Once you have that down pat, you can try to alter some changes yourself and start modding yourself. Nobody is going to hold your hand, you have to do the homework and learn!

Hi, i know that, and i have been searching the forum for over a week now. But i couldn't get to this specific info. Either the topic is outdated in terms of firmware or is for US only. i even started out to read the forum backwards beginning at page 45. don't assume im to lazy or anything, its just easy to get lost in this. Maybe is easier when you are involved from the start then jump in later trying your hardest to get the info your looking for. and don't get me wrong, im an It engineer and am usually able to get around with forums. But even the FAQ doesn't reflect the most common question..... How to get my system up to date ¿? And by that i haven't even started talking about the mods, As most mods probably act differently on each firmware level. So having some kind of baseline before starting out would be nice. BTW, the mods are generally easier to perform and better maintained anyways. I understand your reaction (frustration) as i see new member also asking the same questions as me. But let me make a deal with you guys..

Help me out and i will create and maintain a nice beginners guide for F series owners in Europe :D. As i am starting out with a fresh unit it will be easier to do.

• 3 months later...