AVIC411.com

Phonebook search function

Dear all,

I was just wondering if it is just me or everybody. I find the phonebook very hard to use, especially while driving. I would say i have a lot of contracts in my Phone with several numbers to each contract. So i have to scroll to the list trying to find the Person i want to call.

It would be much nicer if there was a box where you can type a couple Letters of the name (first OR last) using the on screen keyboard and it displays the matching Contacts.

I am working in the IT Department at a Chemical Company, but I am new to the Avic, I have done some Web Programming as well as Visual Basic. So i guess i would be able to figure it out. Does anybody know if there is something like described out there yet or is there a general info guide with the first steps what i need to make modifications you could recomand for me?

Thank ya'll

zellow

Dear all,

I was just wondering if it is just me or everybody. I find the phonebook very hard to use, especially while driving. I would say i have a lot of contracts in my Phone with several numbers to each contract. So i have to scroll to the list trying to find the Person i want to call.

It would be much nicer if there was a box where you can type a couple Letters of the name (first OR last) using the on screen keyboard and it displays the matching Contacts.

I am working in the IT Department at a Chemical Company, but I am new to the Avic, I have done some Web Programming as well as Visual Basic. So i guess i would be able to figure it out. Does anybody know if there is something like described out there yet or is there a general info guide with the first steps what i need to make modifications you could recomand for me?

Thank ya'll

zellow

I'm no help in the programming of a search function, but what I have done to make dialling out easier is to change my 6 most used numbers in my phone to start with numbers so that they appear on the first page. IE I just rename them 1_Fred & 2_Sue 3_John etc in the phone. This also then works when I use the phone with our other car which has an OEM Bluetooth system, which again puts these at the top of the list.