AVIC411.com

Hi to all, Well the time has come to jump on the bitchin' bandwagon! My 900 was rebooting every 4-5 minutes. I try resetting it, but it didnt' work. Once in a while it would come on and play, but had very slow touch screen response. I even bought another antenna and tried the TestMode. It didnt "see" the SD card. I unplugged my ipod and it started working......every time I plug in the ipod, it goes right to the splash screen and stays there......its either the ipod interface (wire) or the ipod itself. HUH???? For now, I am gonna put my music on a SD card....see what happens. I really like this nav unit, but it has so many little quirks.........I noticed, that if one of the passenger doors is close after the drivers, it'll loose sound. Not all the time, but happens enough to notice it. My metra adaptor stinks! This thing gives me feedback all the time. I had to tap the wires down so they don't move. When I do move them, the feedback comes back......Sometimes it won't even "see" the ipod......have to pulled over, shut it down and let it reboot....My d3 was a work horse.....I may put it back in!!

As for the sound cutting out, Sounds like a wiring problem. Pull the unit and crimp/heatshrink the wires so they don't make contact with each other or metal.

As far as the iPod, you mentioned you tapped it down, you didn't happen to nick some wiring did you?

Good luck either way!