AVIC411.com

Disabling mute for nav instructions on F500BT????

Does anyone know where the line of code is that tells the F500BT to mute the radio when it is giving out nav instructions??

I really want the mute for the phone but not Nav, I don't want my music muted at every junction.

I have taken out the amp as it was such terrible quality, and I have the phone set to auto answer after 3 rings, so having the mute for the phone is perfect, but need to disable it for the nav.

Thanks!

But it still mutes.

There is Mute which should mute completely.

ATT - which attenuates the volume slightly (but only works with the Pioneer amp and when playing media through the F500 itself)

Normal - which is what I thought would not MUTE the radio, however it does, so I presume this only means it will not mute the Pioneer amp??

It says...

Switching the sound muting/attenuation

You can select the muting method when the navigation guidance is output.

When you use a mobile phone connected with Bluetooth technology (dialling, talking, incoming call), the AV source volume is always muted independently of this setting.

When ND-G500 is connected with this system, the sound output from the connected car stereo is always muted when the navigation guidance outputs.

That last sentence made me think that when the G500 amp was not connected it would not MUTE if the right setting was chosen, however not the case.

Since you're using ND-G500 amp, it will mute any output from your car stereo in order to put F500 output. However if F500 is playing MP3, it will not mute the mp3 when it give you the nav guidence.

btw, I'm not using ND-G500. I use the 3.5" output from the cradle directly to (by ground loop isolator) car stereo's aux-in.