AVIC411.com

Not connected reverse cabel

Hi,

I'm a newbie at this forum, I just got my Z110BT delivered from an Ebay top rated seller. Yesterday I made the preparation to replace the original 6-disc radio in my Toyota Sequoia 2003.

Thanks to this forum, the by-pass and dimmer connection was an easy task. Hopefully I managed the soldering correctly, and everything will work as supposed after the installation in the car tonight.

I don't plan to connect the reverse cable as I haven't bought a camera. The installation manual says: "Unless connected, the sensor may not detect your vehicle traveling forward/backward properly"

If I prefer to drive backwards to my destination, who cares :-) With the reverse cable not connected, does it create any other issues with the system?

Second question, today I have a separate system for rear display of DVDs. Monitors are in the headrest with headsets and the player places underneath the seats. If I connect the rear displays to the Z110BT, is it possible for the kids to watch a DVD and for us in the front seats to simultaneously listen to i.e. radio?

Hi,

I'm a newbie at this forum, I just got my Z110BT delivered from an Ebay top rated seller. Yesterday I made the preparation to replace the original 6-disc radio in my Toyota Sequoia 2003.

Thanks to this forum, the by-pass and dimmer connection was an easy task. Hopefully I managed the soldering correctly, and everything will work as supposed after the installation in the car tonight.

I don't plan to connect the reverse cable as I haven't bought a camera. The installation manual says: "Unless connected, the sensor may not detect your vehicle traveling forward/backward properly"

If I prefer to drive backwards to my destination, who cares :-) With the reverse cable not connected, does it create any other issues with the system?

Second question, today I have a separate system for rear display of DVDs. Monitors are in the headrest with headsets and the player places underneath the seats. If I connect the rear displays to the Z110BT, is it possible for the kids to watch a DVD and for us in the front seats to simultaneously listen to i.e. radio?

Without connecting the reverse signal, the automatic calibration of the unit, where it calculates the number of pulses per distance using map matching for the Vss will be less accurate, as it sees pulses whilst reversing as additional forward pulses....

It will also cause frequent recalibration cycles....