AVIC411.com

Does the AVIC F910BT do multitasking?

Hi there,

Thinking of buying an AVIC F910BT and having one question of something important to me: can it do multitasking? And by multitasking I mean stuff like running gps navigation and putting it to to background in order to jump quickly to the radio or media player screen to do something/switch album, while the gps software is still running in the background and then to switch back to the gps software?

And something else: does the F910BT has a "switch off screen" function while running and is that something that can be controlled from the steering wheel controls too (e.g. by holding the mute button)? - In the case that I have the Pioneer CANBUS cable for my car installed.

yes the nav and the audio will run as the same time and you can jump between the nav screen and the audio screen at any time, i personally will set a destination and then switch it over to the audio screen and just listen for the directions.

not sure if the screen can be shut off by the steering wheel controls, sorry

yes the nav and the audio will run as the same time and you can jump between the nav screen and the audio screen at any time, i personally will set a destination and then switch it over to the audio screen and just listen for the directions.

not sure if the screen can be shut off by the steering wheel controls, sorry

Thanks for the answer.

But can you then turn off the screen by a button on the unit itself?

Note: the screen only (to avoid having a shiny light in the car while driving in the dark), not the unit itself.