AVIC411.com

Crazy noise coming from speakers

Hello all.. I had my Z1 for awhile now and everything was working great in my Titan. Today I got my sirius radio today and I started to install it. I unhooked everything just fine. wired in the ground and power for the sirius box and tested it out and all of a sudden a loud high pitch sound is coming out of the speakers???

I unhooked it the sirius and put all the wires back to the same way they I took them apart and still have the noise. even when the radio is off and just the map is on I still have that sound. Can anyone help me out with this.

Thanks in advance

Weston

Sounds like it might be the loud noise I had even though mine was not due to installing sat radio. If you powered the sys up without the speakers or amps hooked up you could have blown the internal fuse. I tryed everything to get rid of my noise before sending it in for service. The service center said it was a blown internal fuse and had the unit back to me exactly 1 week from when I sent it in to be checked. When I got it back it worked great with no noise.

you do not blow a fuse because you didnt connect your speakers or an amp. thats bs. you did something else. It would be best not to spread an urban legend or false information as some will read it and act upon it as truth.

For someone to say such a thing its clear car stereo installation really isnt your strong point, and that isnt meant as an insult.

p.s. after reading some other posts 71nova has posted, it seems that it wasnt because you didnt hook up the speakers, but because you hooked up the amp with a poor/missing ground. at least thats the info i gather from the other thread.

you do not blow a fuse because you didnt connect your speakers or an amp. thats bs. you did something else. It would be best not to spread an urban legend or false information as some will read it and act upon it as truth.

For someone to say such a thing its clear car stereo installation really isnt your strong point, and that isnt meant as an insult.

p.s. after reading some other posts 71nova has posted, it seems that it wasnt because you didnt hook up the speakers, but because you hooked up the amp with a poor/missing ground. at least thats the info i gather from the other thread.

I said that because that is what pioneers customer tech support told me, as well as another avic owner. I thought it was wierd as well. Acually I do not think my car had any other problems, I just changed everything because I still had the noise. I do not try to insult anyone here I was simply trying to contribute to the site with the info I was told by pioneer and another avic owner. It sort of made sence because I fired up the head unit several times before I installed my amps or speakers in the car. I know a lot more about electronics than most stereo installers. I was an electrician on avionics, weapon systems, on longbow D Apache helicopters for 6 years. Hooked up the amp with a poor or missing ground? they were directly conected to the negitive post of the trunk mounted battery with about 2 ft of 8 guage wire when I first tried it.

yep, then that would tell you the problem wasnt cuz of speakers not installed but possibly because the amp was searching for a ground through the rca's

My only point was to ensure that someone less educated that reads these posts doesnt act on things based upon speakers not being connected when powering up a head unit.

No offense, good job with the heli work you mentioned, but any installer, will tell you that a mechanic knows the engine of a car ( or similar) an electrician or an installer of car stereos alarms and what not, should know the electrical side of things in a car. But that doesnt mean they know the other side (mechanic knowing electrical or an installer knowing mechanical.) I always chuckle inside when a customer says "well i took it to my mechanic and they said...." because in the end, they are a mechanic, they are NOT proficient in the workings of car stereos and such... unless of course they work with that as well. A good installer is not always a good mechanic nor is a good mechanic a good installer all the time, in fact most of the time they dont know the first thing about the other field.

I have had people say, ohhh I am an IT tech for microsoft and have been teaching for 20 years with microsoft. then turn around and hand me an xbox to mod saying I just dont understand this thing. <--- Prime example of someone being in a similar field but yet not carrying the knowledge needed to solve the problem.

anyways, good you got it working like you desired, enjoy.