AVIC411.com

Avic Wiring harness question - "Guide On" wire

I'm in the process of installing the Z1 into my '06 F-350 6.0 diesel and have located all of the pull offs for the harness OK. However, there's one wire on the second harness (w/backup video in & rear video outs) that says "Guide On". Its yellow w/black stripe and has a female spade crimp connector.

I have scoured the manual and the web site and can't seem to find out what that's used for. Is it for the auxiliary guide speaker? I'de apprciate any 411 on the purpose of this wire.

I'm sure it will probably be a .....dohhhhh once I "get it". :shock:

Thanks,

joe

That sounds like it could be EXTREMELY useful.

So ......where's the corresponding wire on the kids' (wife's ??) borgsuit that'll shut 'em up so I can hear the directions to get them to school on time?

Thanks for the 411

joe

I wish. If you find them for sale let me know could use one for the fiance.

WRONG?????? Hmmm, its hard to consider how it could be wrong - its hard enough admitting I need directions to begin with. Gotta give that some thought.

Anyway, after spending the past 3 days up to my elbows in the guttet out cab of my "new" '06 F-350 it looks like I'll be firing up the whole she-bang tomorrow. Wish me luck.

The system will be the Z1 w/bluetooth interface, i-Pod interface (yes, I know its weeknesses - I've found the key to be playlists), XM radio - Go A's, rearview camera, a Da-Vinci 4 channel amp (cleanest amp I've ever owned - sweet), 2 @ 200 amp powered 6" Bazooka tubes behind the rear seats w/ a 1.2 M mf cap to keep the bass from clipping and to conrol this beast, a Peripheral's PEZWIX interface to re-energize the factory steering wheel buttons (hopefully the Z1 has an infrared reciever ?????) and finally, the Pioneer steering wheel remote to control the nav unit on the fly.

Of course, the Z-1 will be modded to defeat the lockouts thanks to everyone who figured it all out HERE on this board. THANKS!

BTW, I dont understand much of what's going on in the hack forum where folks are trying to discover how to access the HD, but .... where do i send my donation. I hope you guys get it dialed. Being able to actually use the things we buy these days is getting harder and harder. Its folks like you all on this board who are putting FREE back into FREEDOM where it belongs!

Cheers,

joe