AVIC411.com

Mute button on map screen???

Hi all,

Just installed a Z110 in my 2007 Porsche Carrera. I am loving it! It works so much faster, smoother and just all around improved over my Z1 (with Z3 HD) in my 2004 VW Touareg.

OK, a quick question: On my Z1, there is a mute button on the map screen that I can be activated to mute the lady's voice and her turn by turn directions. I cannot find this button on the Z110. Does it not exist? And, if it doesn't, is there a work around?

As always, thank you all in advance,

Steve

You can set a voice volume shortcut in the shortcut menu but there is no mute.

And what will this do for me? Cant I just go there with a couple more steps? Or, is that the point?

Thanks,

Steve

PS: I just went out to my car and could NOT find anywhere to add this button on the shortcut screen. Please explain to me how to do this as it is not a given button option on the shortcut screen, thanks!

You have to add it as a shortcut button in the settings. The shortcut menu is the bottom right button on the map screen.

Excuse me for being dense...But, in what "settings" are you referring to? When you go to the shortcut menu screen (where you add or delete shortcut buttons), there is NO option to add any kind of volume button.

Please elaborate or, if possible, please tell me on what page of the owners manual this is explained.

Thank you,

Steve

PS: Again, I went to the car and there are NO options to add this button (volume) on the shortcut screen.

My mistake, I meant to say QUICK ACCSES not SHORTCUT. Page 47 in the manual.

Figured it out on my own!

There actually is a mute button for the voice, its just one screen in. Go to the quick access button on the map screen, hit volume and then there is a mute button for her voice on the volume screen.

Whew, glad that one got settled! I hate her voice for the most part. Is there a way to change it? My Tom Tom in my iPhone has that option. I so prefer the British ladies voice.

On a completely side note, found a great Porsche logo for the splash screen!

I am loving every aspect of the Z110 over my Z1, there is NO comparison! If I drove the Touareg more, I'd probably switch to the Z110 as well. Maybe one day...

Thanks again!

Steve

In the VOLUME setting screen you can choose either TTS or nonTTS voice. The nonTTS voice is more natural but there is no voice with foreign accent.

Ok, so I went to the "volume setting screen" and could not find any option to set TTS or Non TTS. Just options to set volumes, mute nav voice and turn off beep. Is there another Volume setting screen?

How do I get to this screen so I can change this option?

Again, thank you!

Steve

In the VOLUME setting screen you can choose either TTS or nonTTS voice. The nonTTS voice is more natural but there is no voice with foreign accent.

Ok, so I went to the "volume setting screen" and could not find any option to set TTS or Non TTS. Just options to set volumes, mute nav voice and turn off beep. Is there another Volume setting screen?

How do I get to this screen so I can change this option?

Again, thank you!

Steve

It's in the regional settings... Check out about 2:00 in this video

Try reading through the manual.

Why would I read all 211 pages when I can just search on the .pdf version?

Hey, listen, you messed up twice in giving me information. Don't put that back on me!

Please, in the future, before you write something, make sure you know its correct. It will save everyone a whole lot of headaches!

Thank you,

Steve