AVIC411.com

Wont Play any music off my SD CARD plz Help!!

hey guys im new here but ive been spending a good while on trying to figure out how you are able to play mp3 files on an SD card in my avic f700bt.. is there something im doing wrong? i mean all i did was a create a folder called music and drag all my music into it? shouldnt it be that simple or is there something else i gotta do?

if anybody can please help me with this i would greatly appriciate it thanks!!

yea the sd icon pops up and then i click on it and then after that it just goes to the screen where it would play the songs but there is nothing there.. all the songs are in mp3 format so thats why im baffled on why it does not work

There is 2 things i can think of. First in that screen press list then you should see a little icon with a picture of a folder and a arrow pointing up press that and see if it shows your folder named music then press the folder to see songs. Or try loading songs to the root of the sd card instead of in a folder.

just tried both of those and when i click on the folder with the arrow pointing up nothing comes up and when i put all the songs in the root of the SD doesnt work either..i am just like wth what does this not work..what do most people do when they put music on their SD Cards? i tried putting all the music in ever folder/subfolder i have on the sd card and nothing works..its wierd cause when i put in a different picture for the splash page all i did was make a folder call pictures drop the gif pixs in there and it worked like a charm..but putting these dam mp3 songs on the sd card and trying to have them play is almost impossible..man this sucks

Since you said you "dragged your music to the card", what OS are you coming from?

Are you sure you have MP3's not other items like Apple AAC files? I know you said they are, but I'll ask again to be safe.

Is there anything consistent on all your files? like them being VBR or Lossless?

What happens if you put a single MP3 on a clean SD card with nothing else, on it, not any folders or files.

Since you said you "dragged your music to the card", what OS are you coming from?

Are you sure you have MP3's not other items like Apple AAC files? I know you said they are, but I'll ask again to be safe.

Is there anything consistent on all your files? like them being VBR or Lossless?

What happens if you put a single MP3 on a clean SD card with nothing else, on it, not any folders or files.

im running windows vista right now.. and im guessing they should all be the same mp3 format from where i download them from.. ima need to buy another SD card and see if that works..

i also did try a usb flash drive that i had that was completly empty and just dragged all my music into it..and when i pluged it into the usb port connected to my unit the usb comes up but it doesnt show any songs or plays anything either.. honestly the only thing that does play is when i put in my iphone, i plug that in using the pioneer 60 dollar cable!!

so im stuck in a rut right now but ill try to find a new SD card and see if that works..ill keep you guys posted, and thanks for all the support!!

I've been having the same problem with MP3 files not playing from SD card. I used to have no problem playing music from the SD card. There is nothing else on the card, and it's formatted FAT32. Haven't found a fix yet.

It's like the software is not scanning for new music on the SD card. I don't have an IPod so it shouldn't have anything to do with the VR Catalog Mode setting. I have it set to "on" just in case.

• 2 weeks later...

yea mine is still not playing music after using 2 different SD cards..is there any special mode it has to be in or something? i mean the SD icon shows up and ive waited maybe about 5 mins before to see if it was just taking forever to load and nothing..getting very frustrated with this. should i send the unit back for warrenty work? i have 3rd party squaretrade warrenty.. duno whats going on..is my songs formatted the wrong way..they are all .mp3 and everything..

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm having the same issue with my F90-BT.  SD Card is not grayed out but it says it's searching.  I've tried reformatting (FAT32) and put MP3's in a folder and in root directory. I've tried two different SD cards.  Same issue with thumb drives.  Is there a solution to get music to show up?