AVIC411.com

Unofficial vs. Official 3.0 upgrade

I did the "unofficial" upgrade to 3.0 as I did not want to pay for the upgrade until I was sure it worked. I have had the reboot, lock up problems many others have had. I have since gone back to 2.06. My system is the f90. I have gone through every post in the forum and tried the solutions I found such as deleting files and folders. I have done a clean 2.0 install from the files on the forum, done the 2.06 upgrade then the 3.0 upgrade. I still have the same lockup and reboot problems. Has anyone been able to resolve these problems with the official upgrade. I don't mind paying for the upgrade, I just want to make sure it is going to work before I do. For me, so far, it doesn't look like it will.

Thank you.. You put a lot of work into this. I've done everything you mentioned except you have one additional step. I have not seen the 4shared_desktop file before. The next chance I get I will follow your instructions and see if that file makes a difference. Thanks, Don

Thank you.. You put a lot of work into this. I've done everything you mentioned except you have one additional step. I have not seen the 4shared_desktop file before. The next chance I get I will follow your instructions and see if that file makes a difference. Thanks, Don

You welcome. That file basically reformats your whole system so you should be good to go