AVIC411.com

F700 Failed 3.0 attempt. Black Screen, Cant Reload 2.0 files

I'm not sure where the 3.0 attempt went wrong, sometime after updating the WinCE files in the service mode.

I use the Ultimate 3.0 Guide and some other files located deeper in the thread (earlier ones were defunkd). After updating the WinCE files I inserted the what I thought was a working Testmode folder on the SD card and kept getting the Black Screen. Turns out the Testmode file from the download was not the latest one.

Now I'm booting into Testmode with the proper Testmode_2.3 file. I can see the directory and I'm able to transfer files to and from my "Storage Card" to the "My Flash Disk" drive. From here I again attempted to copy the 3.0 files from the original tutorial mentioned above, but upon reboot (no SD card inserted) I get the Pioneer splash screen then the black screen.

Next I've tried to reinstall the original 2.0 files (not a backup cause I'm an idiot and didn't know how to creat a backup and at the time couldnt' even get into Testmode), but from Step 4 found HERE from the Turboss.com repository using the F700 backup files.

I've copied all these files back over to the My Flash Disk drive on the AVIC. Still no love; splash screen then Black screen.

One other thing I did while attempting to restore the factory files was follow Step 10 & 11 in that link just above, where it has you replace/overwrite the NN746UC_.IMG file.

Of course nowhere in any of these processes was I able to get past the black screen. Now I'm hoping that .IMG file didn't mess something up permanently.

I'm at a loss at this point. I've scoured this forum and read more threads than I thought possible. I don't know where to go at this point. Please Help!

I'm not sure where the 3.0 attempt went wrong, sometime after updating the WinCE files in the service mode.

I use the Ultimate 3.0 Guide and some other files located deeper in the thread (earlier ones were defunkd). After updating the WinCE files I inserted the what I thought was a working Testmode folder on the SD card and kept getting the Black Screen. Turns out the Testmode file from the download was not the latest one.

Now I'm booting into Testmode with the proper Testmode_2.3 file. I can see the directory and I'm able to transfer files to and from my "Storage Card" to the "My Flash Disk" drive. From here I again attempted to copy the 3.0 files from the original tutorial mentioned above, but upon reboot (no SD card inserted) I get the Pioneer splash screen then the black screen.

Next I've tried to reinstall the original 2.0 files (not a backup cause I'm an idiot and didn't know how to creat a backup and at the time couldnt' even get into Testmode), but from Step 4 found HERE from the Turboss.com repository using the F700 backup files.

I've copied all these files back over to the My Flash Disk drive on the AVIC. Still no love; splash screen then Black screen.

One other thing I did while attempting to restore the factory files was follow Step 10 & 11 in that link just above, where it has you replace/overwrite the NN746UC_.IMG file.

Of course nowhere in any of these processes was I able to get past the black screen. Now I'm hoping that .IMG file didn't mess something up permanently.

I'm at a loss at this point. I've scoured this forum and read more threads than I thought possible. I don't know where to go at this point. Please Help!

Have you checked the MD5 hashes of the files I provided? The testmode folder on the SD card has worked on many other units so the files may have been corrupted during download.