AVIC411.com

How do you get buildings to show in firmware 3.0?

I just am running a F90bt and have upgraded to the X910 3.01 firmware version with 3.0 winCE, and am wondering how to get 3d buildings to show on my unit. I have been searching and reading threads for over 3 hours and have not been able to piece together all the info.

Can anyone point out the info or thread that has all the necessary info to show 3d buildings with 3.0?

I just am running a F90bt and have upgraded to the X910 3.01 firmware version with 3.0 winCE, and am wondering how to get 3d buildings to show on my unit. I have been searching and reading threads for over 3 hours and have not been able to piece together all the info.

Can anyone point out the info or thread that has all the necessary info to show 3d buildings with 3.0?

first off, search the thread and download the hacked ezrider.exe for 3.0, then search for licences and then download 3dl and 3dc file

hacked ezrider.exe is a replacement for that stock, what it does is it accepts other licenses so that you could use other maps (NAVTEQ) or an updated version of TELEATLAS maps, it also has something to do with the building files,

3dl and 3dc files correspond to the actual building files for your area, so let's say you're in chicago, search for 3DL and 3DC file for chicago, but, let's say that your area doesn't have it (like from where i'm from) it still won't show any buildings

Thanks for the info, that helps a bit but I'm afraid I'm still quite lost.

Prior to posting this question in the first post I did read about the 3dl and 3dc files, but couldnt' find a source for the 3dc files. It looks like the stock 3.0 build has many 3dl files already but no 3dc files. I did a search for 3dc and spent about 30 minutes checking each posting returned by the search but ended up without finding a link to download the files. I was going to continue searching but realized I had no clue what to do with the files, or what other things I needed to do to have the files recognized by the nav system.

Prior to my initial post I also downloaded a version of the EZrider.exe and cracked license file but it's impossible to tell which version of the EZRider was posted (Ie. if it was for 2.0 or 3.0) or what the license file would open. I understand there are a bunch of licenses out there.. I have no clue which one to grab.

Are the 3dl and 3dc files specific to a particular IGO? What I mean is... will any 3dl or 3dc file work with IGO 8.0 and 8.3? I think (not sure) that firmware 3.0101 is IGO 8.0.

(Edit) -- Just spent another 30 minutes looking for 3dc files... still no luck. I found one link for 3dc files for states I don't live in.. it was dead

Prior to posting this question in the first post I did read about the 3dl and 3dc files, but couldnt' find a source for the 3dc files. It looks like the stock 3.0 build has many 3dl files already but no 3dc files. I did a search for 3dc and spent about 30 minutes checking each posting returned by the search but ended up without finding a link to download the files. I was going to continue searching but realized I had no clue what to do with the files, or what other things I needed to do to have the files recognized by the nav system.

you could find it online bundled with maps, what country are you in?

Prior to my initial post I also downloaded a version of the EZrider.exe and cracked license file but it's impossible to tell which version of the EZRider was posted (Ie. if it was for 2.0 or 3.0) or what the license file would open. I understand there are a bunch of licenses out there.. I have no clue which one to grab.

here's a link for the hacked ezrider.exe thread http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25940&start=45&hilit=hacked+ezrider+3+0 download link is on page 4

Are the 3dl and 3dc files specific to a particular IGO? What I mean is... will any 3dl or 3dc file work with IGO 8.0 and 8.3? I think (not sure) that firmware 3.0101 is IGO 8.0.

(Edit) -- Just spent another 30 minutes looking for 3dc files... still no luck. I found one link for 3dc files for states I don't live in.. it was dead

no, and firmware 3.x is iGO 8.3

you could find it online bundled with maps, what country are you in?

Thanks for the link to the 3.0 version of ezrider !!! I really appreciate it. (FYI.. if anyone is following this thread and is also looking for the ezrider for 3.0 use the link below. It's just a copy of the link that ill.die.trying pointed me to)

http://rapidshare.de/files/48133221/ezrider.rar.html

To answer your question.. I'm in the US. California to be exact.

You mentioned that the 3dc files can sometimes be found with maps. so I started poking around and found a link here http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=29258 This link has a link to the 2009.6 TeleAtlas maps so I started downloading the maps. So far there are no 3dc files.

If all you need is the building files for California, shoot me a PM with your email and I"ll zip them up and send them to you. If you want all of them for all states let me know and I'll send you link to download the zip file, its about 35 megs for all states.

hI dpdurst,

could you send me the download link for the 35 meg building files please? I would appreciate it very much.

also, does anyone know if the building files at this link: https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal/catalog?salesPackageCode=10159&view=item&priceListCode=4783319529445084&page=1&type=2_23&area=7

are the same files we use? [link goes to [naviextras.com]

thanx in advance!

infochia