AVIC411.com

Disc Updated Attempted Help Lost GPS Features

First Visit and First Post .

I have the AVIC - D1 unit and attempted to update with CNDV 60 MP discs. I got the updated Discs from EBay and they were Burnt DVD Copies.

I loaded to DVDs and received a (system updating)message . The disc appeared to have loaded fine. Once the Map screne appeared It indicated that the map could not zoom any closer. " No additional Scaling "

The map will not zoom to the degree it did with the older discs and I see a 10 mile radius rather then the mile radius. I also found that the roadways and location (town or city) is not indicated while traveling . The GPS (Next Turn) and travel icons have disappeared as well.

When I attempted to reload the original disc in order to return the features a (Not Valid Disc Messege) appeared .

I would like to know if what I experienced was normal with regards to the scaling , loss of street names , and city or towns located in .

And...

Is there a way to make it possible to use the original discs without getting the "Insert Valid Discs" . Already tried the small reset on front of unit with no luck.

Thanks For All The Help

You can reset to factory by entering the service menu.

1. Open the face.

2. Hold Eject.

3. Press Reset

4. Once screen says "Push Reset button or Restart Engine" release eject button. LEAVE THE TOUCH SCREEN OPEN!

5. UP - UP - DOWN - DOWN - ENTER (push jog wheel in)

Somewhere in there will be the erase memory option. (I can't remember what its called)

Edit: This is for the N1/2 but I think it's the same:

http://www.eatmorepork.ca/modules.php?n ... wtopic&t=6

Hope that helps.