AVIC411.com

Install on a 1973 Mustang Mach One

Depends on your trans. I just got done installing my z1 into a 71 Nova and I think we would have the same problems. The biggest problem is your transmission. If you have the original transmission it will be very hard to hook your speed wire to your speedo sender. Most old tranys use a spinning cable instead of a wire. I have a newer t56 6 speed that uses an electronic speedo so I did not run into the same problem. I believe there are companys that make an adapter to convert cable to electronic, but I dont know of any that will alow you to have both so you might need to switch your speedo to electric such as autometer, stuart warner, etc. Other than that it would be placement. I dont know of any old cars with a double din stereo so you would need to make a custom mount. I put mine in a custom center console that my brother made for me.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2682

Other than those 2 hurdles you shouldn't have any problems.

Found a speed converter for you made by dakota digital. With this I dont think you would have any problems. You would still be able to use your stock speedo and have an electrical pulse for the AVIC Z1. I am sorry if I made it sound intimidating because it really wouldn't be that dificult. Maybe add 1-2 hours to install. Mach 1s are totally sweet man. Good luck. http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/ ... prd109.htm

• 4 weeks later...