AVIC411.com

NEW Free Firmware Update (Version 2.008) Now Available for

• 2 months later...

Thanks for posting this, anything to make this thing maybe work better. Hopefully it speeds up the booting process, I'm still nervous about going with custom upgrades using hacks.

The performance doesn't seem improved at all, and I just noticed that playing movies from the SD card isn't functioning the same as it used to. If I threw both fullsize (700mb range) and converted (300mb range), it would adapt both movies to fill the screen no matter the resolution. It'll still playing fullsize movies like before (skips frames if the movie is too high of a resolution), but all my converted movies are only playing at like 1/2 the size of the whole screen.

Also, I don't know what I'm doing wrong when I transfer movies onto the card, but it refuses to show the names of the movies. Instead it just says File 1, 2, etc. I've tried putting them both on the root of the entire SD, and putting them in a folder called movies hasn't helped anything. I just not put the movies back onto the root of the card like I usually did, but they're still playing small. I hate when "updates" make things worse than before.

• 1 month later...

thanks for the tip....guess i have a pioneer update memory card sitting on my desk for nothing.

if for some reason my f90bt freaks out and i need to restore it (silly me didnt make a backup of the stock f90bt files), can i just use this update memory card to restore the unit?