AVIC411.com

hey guys so heres my problem, before that unofficial 3.0 upgrade everything was fine, i think it started going down hill after i upgrade and tried doing the trial period on the msn feature..

but basically whats happening is that my ipod started giving me problems a while back where i would be driving and working fine and then the ipod would just disconnect from the radio for no reason, had nothing to do with bumps or loose connection at all, so eventually i got tired of this and would just connect my ipod to the aux input in the front and listen to my ipod this way (yea really retarded considering this radio brings integrated ipod feature, but shows how much of a failure this whole f series radio has become) but anyways today i tried connecting the ipod to the integrated ipod cable and now what it does is tries to connect and then just disconnects two seconds afterwards.. it doesnt matter if the radio is on startup or already completely loaded either way it connects and disconnects right after and thats it nothing else from there.. i tried rebooting my ipod and nothing, i've changed my ipod cable to the original apple ipod cable and still nothing.. im honestly to the point of just yanking the radio out of the car and tossing it out the window..

has anyone else here had this issue at all? ive searched the forum and havent came up with anything even remotely close to my problem..

anyone have any suggestions to this fix or tips on what else to try ?

I'm in the same boat as you. To figure it out, I took out the ipod cables, and jus tried to play a flash-drive. Same thing. It would connect occasionally, but would never last that long before powering off. I'm pretty sure the problem is the USB connection inside the actual AVIC, but I don't feel comfortable opening that thing up to fix it. Sorry I don't have a solution, but I feel we are seeing the same thing here.

Yeah, Im having that same problem. But the Craziest thing is, When I hook up My Iphone 3g, It doesn't disconnets. I took a 3 hour drive and it never disconnets.( http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox ... 0Chart.pdf)

This chart stats that the Ipod should have the firmware of 1.1.1 for ipod classic(80g). Them one Im using has 1.3.1. There is a guy n youtube that shows you how to downgrade the firmware on your ipod. I haven't tried it yet becasue my laptop dont have 60g of available space but as soon as i have time to get an external hard drive. I will try it and let you guys know. But from what I understand you need to backup your music because when you down graded the firmware you will loose everything on your ipod. PLease let me know if anyone knows other wise because I have music that i know I cant find again.....

I'm having the exact same problem with an iPod Classic 160gb, latest firmware version 1.1.2. Lasts about 10 minutes or so and then disconnects. Requires a manual disconnect and immediate reconnect to work, but still for only about another 10 minutes or so, before is disconnects again. Worked fine, before I upgraded my F90BT to version 3.

I also have a smaller iPod Nano 4gb that will stay connected, but the sound has a lot of static. Also worked fine, before the upgrade to version 3.

I took my vehicle to a professional installer who said that all my cables, connections and overall installation were good. Called Pioneer tech support and they said that the firmware version of various model iPods makes a difference and that not all iPod firmware versions would work. They also said that the iPod Mini's will not work at all. He mentioned a 2.xx version firmware for the iPod Classic 160, but there is no such firmware numbered that high that I know for my Classic model. iTunes reports that I have the latest firmware versions for both of my iPods. Here's a link from Pioneer's U.S. website that helps explain compatibility limitations:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox ... 0Chart.pdf

Knowing what I know now about the F90BT's compatibility issues and quality of technical support, I would not have made Pioneer my first choice. My installer recommended the Kenwood units, but I had already purchased the Pioneer, before arranging installation. Expensive lesson learned.

ok so what if we just downgraded the f90 down to 2.0 instead of having problems with the 3.0 will that fix the problem or now even if we downgrade we're still pretty much screwed?

The only new problem that was introduced regarding ipods with 3.0 was that the AVIC no longer reliably wakes them up on boot, that's all. Your problem most likely is not specifically 3.0 but an issue with the hardware, or an individual AVIC OS issue (bum mod, corrupted file, etc)

Ok so if its an issue with the avic os that was installed, then what would be the fix to this then? Reinstalling it from a different source? Also since a friend of mine used the same 3.0 os for his would his radio do the same if I connected my ipod to it? Or not really?

I got nuffin, I can just tell you it's not AVIC OS v3, this issues is in your unit, or the OS loaded in your unit, I'd reload a non-modded version and see if it stops the issues.