AVIC411.com

My avic x910bt freezes due to SD card and usb flash drive

my unit freezes after a while when playing music from sd card or usb flash drive

when i unplug the sd card or usb flash drive, everything goes back to normal

i have a 8gb sd card

i read about a fix somewhere here but it was very unclear

i have a lot of music organized in different folders

please help/ i am tired of switching CDs to CDs all the time so i can use my sd card or usb flash drive

can someone who had this issue before , tell me step by step how to fix this freezing problem ?

thank you in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue. 8gb SD card, with about 7gb of music in folders (only 6 or so). The music plays but the entire UI locks up, the time counter doesnt move, and the touchscreen doesnt respond at all. The menu, map and volume hardware buttons are the only ones that work.

It also appears that upon hitting the menu button for example while the media player screen is in this locked state, you will see everything update (time, track title etc) just before the screen switches away. Also notice that when using the volume, the on screen display in the upper right will update, several seconds lagged however, but with each update, the remainder of the screen will update as well.

Tried to power off the unit and restart, when the ui loads back up after the music starts playing it ends up right back in the same state again.

running latest firmware, no mods

• 2 weeks later...