AVIC411.com

Ok I finally got it in the mail!!! Now what? :-)

Ok so yay I got the Z110BT in the mail today. Now I ordered a wiring harness from Crutchfields but in the box with the unit appears to be the wires to the unit. Why did I also need to purchase a wiring harness? How hard would it be to install this thing? I mean I've never installed a head unit before but I've built plenty of computers in general so I figure it can't be any more difficult than putting a computer or server together from parts is it?

The harness from crutchfield is hopefully to match up to your cars OEM harness. You match the colors on that one and solder (or butt-connect) it to the one in the box. Then snap it on to the cars OEM radio harness after you remove the old radio and you can install the new one without permanently damaging any of the vehicles factory wiring

This unit is TRULY amazing... I really love all the features and functions of it. I'll definitely be getting the MSN direct module and MAYBE even the satellite radio module. I do have a couple of questions though; how in the hell do you make the music info text scroll if it's too many letters to display on the screen (please tell me there is a way)? Also on the map after I type in the address and get the route; while I'm on the route and I would like to see the next few turns coming up how do I pull up some type of list view of the directions so I can glance at them? I hope there is a way to do that. I truly like everything so far even though I haven't played with all it's features. I'm thinking about calibrating the voice recognition stuff next but I'm not sure how practical it is, it seems to be pretty slow from what I've seen in videos. One last thing, what is that small 'v' in the upper right side of he screen mean? Does it mean I still need to calibrate the voice software or what? OOOOH and 2 things, how THE HELL do I get the music to mute so I can hear the voice guidance of the nav system when the next instructions coming up (turn left turn right etc...)? I know you can raise the volume of the NAV but that also raises the volume of the beep as well which is annoying when you're using the device. Lastly is there ANY way to make the computer actually say the street names instead of just saying turn left ahead (ie. Turn left at Riggs rd. instead of turn left ahead)? Thanks for any light you guys can shed on this.