AVIC411.com

Volume controlling stations?!?!

I just bought and installed a avic-x710bt and everything went smooth except for 1 thing..... It seems that when am or fm is selected the volume knob starts the unit scanning through stations uncontrollably and the only way to stop it is to push the knob to the side. It does in fact turn the volume up/down as well but starts this scanning process at the same time even if the map is on and the fm/am is playing in the background. The volume knob works correctly in any other sources (ipod,cd). Should I reload the firmware from pioneer? I notice they have 3.0.2.1.0 on the site and my unit says 3.0.2.0.0.

A part of me hope to get flamed for asking such an easy question!? :)

Thanks in advance!

Well this is kinda good news as it makes me think its something fixable... I sure dont want to have to take it out after all that work!

Do you have a pac steering wheel control hooked up to it by any chance? Is it in a toyota? Maybe we can find some similarities in our setups which give us a hint....

I fixed my problem.... I had my swi module hooked up to the HU but I didn't plug in the harness as I am waiting for some OEM phone steering wheel controls to arrive. I thought I would hook it up and see and sure enough it all works as its supposed to. Ill just have to reprogram the pac swi when I install my phone buttons on my steering wheel.

Hope this helps you with your problem!

ok i think i know what the problem was...im gonna blame it on the pac swi-ps....first of all do you have the pac?

i re-programmed mine all over again, and i connected it to a 12Vconstant(always on) wire....now when i shut off my truck the fm doesnt go crazy when i try to adjust the volume...

before, i used to have the wire hooked up to the accesorie wire so when i shut my vehicle down my stereo would beep and adjust the volume by a number or two all by itself then the fm tuner would go crazy when i tried adjusting the volume(Im thinking the pac would send a signal and confuse the avic)...so i came to the conclusion that the pac was getting tripped everytime i shut my vehicle down..so now its (always on) and i get no crazy volume/station changing...it worked for me