AVIC411.com

Another Question about the x910bt

Hello , Don't kill me here it's my first post. I've been on this site for about 4 hours now and I haven't seen anything about the latest update and the bypass hack. I just purchased the Avic-x910bt and I'm planing on doing at least the hardware hack. Will the hardware hack still work with the latest firmware update and if I decide to do the software hack in the future will I have to change the hardware back to oem. Also I've purchased screens for my headrests and I'm wondering if the hack will effect their function. On an off note I read that the z110bt lets the viewers in the back hear the dvd on the rear speakers while the passengers in the front can listen to music on the front speakers. Is this possible with my unit? Thank you and I really appreciate the feedback and the site. :mrgreen:

The hardware bypass should work just right even with the newest update as mine is working and i got it last Monday :D .

No clue on the software, i'm debating doing any mods...and by debating I mean trying to figure out what to add w/o getting in trouble :wink: .

If I recall correctly, the only thing the hardware bypass effects is the built in restrictions that would not allow you access to the DVD/Nav unit w/o engaging the parking brake. in other words, those screens should be fine.

I want to say that you can do videos in the back and music up front but i can't recall and i can't find the damn manual and it's late so I'll get back to you on that unless someone beats me to it.

• 2 weeks later...

All set, finished the install and hardware hack today. All is good and is working well, the only problem is that I broke some clips on the back of the seats and it cost me an extra 13 bucks to replace them. I installed the Avic X910bt, PAC SWI PS steering wheel control unit, two 7 inch screens in the head rests. All and all I'm happy and believe it was well worth the time and effort.