AVIC411.com

Headunit outputing really low volume but sub volume normal

i'm having sound system problems and am unsure of what the problem is.

I dont know yet if it is the headunit or the amp, but the music is playing extremely low, like 20x lower than usual. My subs are playing at normal volume but you can't hear normal volume music. It comes out of the speakers extremely low.

I have a JL 300/4 amp controling four speakers and a JL 500/1 for two subs. JL amp lights are still green so I suspect it has something to do with the headunit. Also after a period of time when you turn the key of the car to accessory the speakers make like a quarter second beep noise, could that be a signal from the avic? Trying to narrow down problem to either headunit or amp before taking apart car to get to them both.

Could there be a problem with the headunit? Is there any way to test this without taking apart headunit and amp rack?

Did you try and switch the RCAs between the two amps? That's a quick way to tell you if the amp is bad.

The other amp I have is a 500/1 for subs, so i'm not sure if I can take the speaker RCA's and plug them in that amp... can I?

Another problem I have been having is that the battery is going dead after not starting the car for about 10 hours. I got the battery tested and it came back as a good battery with no bad cells. The battery started to go dead when I started to have sound system problems.... I don't know if I should rip apart my trunk first or my dash and get the headunit out.

Could this be a problem with the headunit? Or is it likely with the amps?

The battery problem could be from your remote wire and that could cause the amp to stay on and then for drain your battery.

I had a similar problem with mine, the battery was not giving the head unit enough power and then sending it into mute and the sound would cut in and out and then go off. I fixed my problem by revving the engine which charges the battery and then mine worked, this problem only happened when i listened to my radio with the subs on for over an hour, you can fix this by getting a new battery, your battery may not be able to handle that much power.

the reason the volume is so low is the head unit is running in ATT mode which is the antenna off the unit, you can switch that in the settings.

The above post makes zero sense to me talking about the battery. But to answer your questions. Yes you can just switch your RCA's with no problem. Secondly if your amps are staying on, then the remote is not hooked up properly. Usually ran to your amps with a blue wire, it needs to ran to the back of you head unit/ wiring harness to the blue remote wire. Then you can daisy chain it from one amp to another. Obviously, with the keys off, your amps should not be on if wired correctly.