AVIC411.com

N1 HU with N3 brain, using CNDV-40M disk

Does anyone know if the subject configuration will work? I've got an N1 with the iPod adapter (not happy with the graphical user interface). My plan is to do a complete N3 upgrade. I've just received an N3 brain, still trying to locate an N3 HU. Until I get an N3 HU, I thought I'd go ahead and hookup the N3 brain. I don't have the CNDV-60M disks (yet).

I think you will need the CNDV-60M disks to get the updated interface, but that hardware config *should* work. Well, based off what was said in this thread.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

I would like to know if that config works as well. The ipod interface is really sad on the N1. Get the CNDV-60M disks and please tell us what you find.

thanks!

I finally swapped the N3 brain for my N1 brain. Upon power up, the navigation display was normal, but when I switched to the audio display, the display showed that my radio was off. I turned the radio on, and found that all my preset frequencies were lost. I reset a few of the frequencies, then tried to get to the menu that would allow me to switch to other external devices. No such menu. After several unsuccessful attempts, I pushed the source button on the front panel. That switched from my radio to my CD changer. The CD changer display was normal. I pushed the source button again, and my iPod begain to play. The display was a blank background display. I tried to bring up a different audio display, no joy. I cycled the joystick button, all that did was restart the current song. I tried cycling the power several times, no change. I tried removing and reinserting the 40M disk several times, still no change. At this point, I decided to install the 60M disk. When I first inserted the 60M disk, I got an error message, "wrong disk". I removed and reinserted the disk, and got a disk reading error. I did this several more times, before I got the message that it was reading the disk and not to touch anything. The bar graph showed up at the bottom of the screen, showing me the progress of updating the software. When it was finished reading the disk, the system restarted. Upon restart, I had the new iPod display and my iPod was playing. I now had the new graphical user interface for my iPod. I was able to switch to the radio display and CD changer display. Those displays were similar to the 40M displays, except for a darker blue background. Unfortunately, when I switched the display from audio mode to navigation mode, the screen display was a blank gray screen with a disk reading error message on it. At this point, I recycled the power several times and reinserted the 60M disk several times, still no change. I finally got out a paper clip and pushed the reset button, still no change. So, if anyone has any suggestions, let me know. My plan is to obtain an N3 HU, then I'll have a complete N3 upgrade.