AVIC411.com

GPS Reception Not Working on New X910BT

Hi guys,

New to the forum.

I just installed a brand new AVIC-X910BT in my 08 Nissan Titan.

Everything's working great, except for the navigation.

I've searched the forum, and haven't found anybody with the same issue.

Any help would be great.

The nav screen just sets on an address in Los Angeles St. (CA I assume) when I go to the map.

When I go to nav settings -> GPS & Time settings to see the satellite status, I get the following screen:

CIMG3857.JPG

(sorry for the crappy picture)

There is multiple red dots on the radar screen. Sometimes I'll get a partial yellow bar on the right side.

There is a flashing green bar on the bottom (manual seems to say this means the antenna is working correctly?)

There is a small satellite icon in the bottom left, that is white & black, with an X through it.

I have the antenna mounted on top of the dash, clear view through the windshield, and on the small metal pad that was included.

Any ideas what to do to get the GPS/nav working!?

Thanks!

Evan

one thing you might want to check beyond the connections for the antenna is to make sure you didn't damage the line during installation.

i about freaked on my install b/c i couldn't get anything to turn on and then silly me realized that I didn't plug the harness adapter into the radio after triple checking the bypass hack.

but in a previous install we never got an amp working and couldn't figure out why until we literally unhooked it and searched the power line. it had rubbed itself raw where we worked it into the cab but we couldn't see it from the outside and it kept blowing fuses.

if all that checks out, you might want to try repositioning that antenna while you have power to the unit. fyi, mine is getting excellent reception UNDER my dash b/c I mounted it onto like a 8 inch metal bar. figured that was metal enough for me. i honestly didn't know if that rubber/magnet thing was worth it to even try.

follow up on this and let us know if you get it fixed and what ya did.

g'luck

As a test, try temporarily mounting the gps antenna on the outside of the car, to see if that works better....

On some cars, the heat resistant coating on the windscreen blocks the GPS signal...

Thanks for the tips guys.

At lunch I'll go out and mount the antenna outside the truck to see if that helps.

Do Nissan Titans have this heat coating on the windshield?

I've checked the antenna wire, and it is just fine, no damage.

The remainder of it (very long!) is coiled up and tie wrapped inside the dash.

I'll post up with what I find.

I'm gonna call the stereo shop where I bought it today and see what they say.

I have a feeling either the antenna or unit is defective.