AVIC411.com

Z110BT in Canada

Very noticeably the Canadian prices are ridiculously higher when the dollar is within 5%. Funny thing is when I ordered a new power cable for my Z2 from Pioneer Canada it was considerably less costly than the US Site had it for (not even considering shipping).

This applies to the stores like Futureshop...I bet you all the Pioneer stuff is almost double the cost compared to US prices.

As I mentioned last week, in a different thread, I am waiting for my Z110BT from the USA. I got it through cartoys.com having them do a price match. I got it for $979.99 US and will qualify for the $200 mail in rebate as well. Not including the rebate, I got it for $1050 roughly Canadian and that is including having it shipped to me from my aunt in Oregon. The best price I could find around here (Alberta) was $1600! I am surprised any dealer in Canada can sell a Z110BT at those prices. I got mine from an authorized dealer but I did have to jump through a few hoops to get it done. I had to get my aunt to pay for it as they would not accept a Canadian Visa and I had to have someone be an intermediary (there are a few that have offered to do just that on here - ask around). If anything goes wrong during warranty I will just have to get it down to the US for service I am really hoping that doesn't become a problem but it is an avenue I do have if I need it. Just thought I would share this with you guys. Good luck with your purchase endeavors.

Technically you have to declare it and pay GST and PST on it. If you can travel to Seattle without your original head unit and then get the new one installed there you might be able to get away from paying the taxes.

If you stay for more than a week in seattle then you have an exempt limit of 1500 dollars and in that case you should be ok. Check on the exact exempt

As I mentioned last week, in a different thread, I am waiting for my Z110BT from the USA. I got it through cartoys.com having them do a price match. I got it for $979.99 US and will qualify for the $200 mail in rebate as well.

Where did you have them price match from? If they will price match then ill just order from them. I am looking forward to the 120BT upgrade from a 110

I had cartoys.com price match with 6Ave. electronics pric`e listed on amazon.com. Make sure you are on the us version of the site not the crappy canadian one as they have only books/cds, etc. As I said, they didn't fully match the price but they did knock off $420 just by doing that and with no fighting with them at all. My contact in the US got it in the mail today via UPS and she is mailing it out to me tomorrow. I can't wait to get this thing in the car. I had to switch back to the factory deck as my old dvd is now sold (thank god). The sound is driving me nuts as I didn't want to pay 2 hours labor to get the Bit One.1 re calibrated for only a couple weeks worth of time with this current setup. I am also in Calgary for the one that mentioned it and I know exactly what you mean by high prices on this thing around here. The toughest thing around here is actually finding a good installer which after much frustration I have. Once I get into my house that is being built however I might try doing some of this stuff myself (that is if there is anything left to do...). I know it would sure save me a bunch of money that's for sure.

I will say that it is difficult to do this from Canada without an intermediary tho. They would not mail into Canada (obvious) but they also would not accept a canadian visa either even when I told them that I was purchasing it for someone in the US. I had to get it paid for with a US Visa and then send the money to my intermediary to compensate her. It is looking like all is working out well however. I, too, am going the 110BT upgrade to Z120BT route. That setup is going to be sweet I think.