AVIC411.com

GMC Yukon install question

Well, my z110bt arrived yesterday ... looking forward to getting this installed into my truck.

Very sweet looking piece of hardware, a little sleeker than the z1/z3. iPod cable and the pac swi-ps are on its way so it will all get installed in 1 shot. i'll tell ya, the sound quality of the original z was really enhanced when i had that installed a few years ago .. looking forward to seeing how the sound quality is with this unit when listening to the ipod, cd, am/fm, etc.

caution

not all ASWC can program VR buttons

you need the latest firmware to use the VR on the Z110bt

the good thing is you are able to upgrade firmware to any ASWC box

you juste need the cable USB-CAB and its very cheap

and the software, download free from the web site

i order it at the same time as my ASWC

well, i just purchased the PAC SWI-PS Sony and Pioneer Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface from Amazon (brand new) and its on its way. how are you able to tell what firmware revision it has? will it tell you on the box or on the unit itself? where can u get the USB-CAB ? are you referring to a standard usb cable?

well, i just purchased the PAC SWI-PS Sony and Pioneer Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface from Amazon (brand new) and its on its way. how are you able to tell what firmware revision it has? will it tell you on the box or on the unit itself? where can u get the USB-CAB ? are you referring to a standard usb cable?

im talking about the Axxess ASWC only

the pac swi-ps are not able tu upgrade the firmware, maybe but only pac can do

the Axxess ASWC are upgradable by the end user with the cable USB-CAB

i order it from my local shop at the same time

E-mailed both PAC and Amazon.

PAC started out with the stance "don't buy online because you can't tell" and threw in the dig 'online discount sites' --- I pointed him to his own site that recommended a list of online retailers . . . but it's up to their inventory which revision is sent.

Amazon said they have no way of knowing, but it can be returned without costing me shipping if it's the wrong software.

If I'm forced to go local and pay full $80, I'll probably just pick up the Axxess ASWC.

--EDIT--

These units can't be upgraded, even by PAC . . . which is pretty lame overall.

• 2 weeks later...
E-mailed both PAC and Amazon.

PAC started out with the stance "don't buy online because you can't tell" and threw in the dig 'online discount sites' --- I pointed him to his own site that recommended a list of online retailers . . . but it's up to their inventory which revision is sent.

Amazon said they have no way of knowing, but it can be returned without costing me shipping if it's the wrong software.

If I'm forced to go local and pay full $80, I'll probably just pick up the Axxess ASWC.

Hey the SWI-PS I received directly from Amazon a couple days ago was 1.6.8 ($42 shipped).