AVIC411.com

Easily put you have a bad ground. Odd though that you never experienced it till now. I really find it odd that adding HR monitors would make it appear if it wasn't there already. Assuming you only ran RCA's from the head unit and got power from under the seats I find it hard to figure out. If you ran power from the dash down by the RCA's that feed the amps in the rear then okay, maybe. Give more info and you will find better advise.

I had the same problem with the humming sound. I did not have HR Monitors put it.

They installed noise insulators (about $20) in the RCA's near the amp. Cured the problem.

I am not an installed, so I don't know exactly what they put it. I can ask if you like.

Thanks for all response

Based on your comments, I will start to make sure the head unit has a proper separate ground. When I connected the headrests to the unit the ground might have been disconnected?

The headrests are connected with RCA (audio and video), Y-cables in the console. Power and ground for the monitors is connected at the backside of a power outlet.

Your on the right track. Almost has to be the ground. Anytime you have engine noise through your speakers it is always the ground or the RCA's running down the same side as the amp power. Generally speaking since the battery is on the left in most cars, you would run the power down the driver side and the RCA's down the passenger side. If changing the ground doesn't work the last thing I would do is buy higher quality RCA's to run to the HR monitors. Could be that simple.

Well, I have made sure the ground has a proper connevtion, I have installed HQ RCA cables, the distortion is still there.

I also tried to give the monitors an separate ground, no difference.

If I disconnect the audio cables at the y-splitter (under the console) the distortion disappear.

Is there anything else to do before trying noise insulators? If insulators, where is best place to install them?

Makes perfect sense. I have no clue how to help you if you have a good ground. One last experiment I would try is to wrap a bare wire around the outside of the RCA where it connects to the y cable and ground that wire to a screw. Now I know that isn't a permanant solution but atleast you would know it is y cable for sure. Maybe then you can fix it right. But here's what you can use if all else fails. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127SNI1/PA ... ml?tp=2653 Sorry I couldn't help more.