AVIC411.com

I think I'm screwed....help please

'05 Chevy Silverado

I purchased a reconditioned model from Pioneer off a guy from the Craigslist website (my favorite site). Anyway, it's the Avic F-Series 900 BT, and we go to take the deck out of his chevy, (which was an easy buy because i'm thinking that we have the same harness adapter because we have the same truck), well he starts taking it out and he has his long pink power wire running to a fuse under his break pedal, and is wondering why his battery is dying. This scares me at first but i figured i could get a friend to rewire the harness. we hooked it up and could not figure out the power wire issue. So for now i also have it running to a key accessory fuse, it cuts off when the car does so no battery issues so far. i do have the dreaded engine feedback sound though, for now. everything works with the bose speakers, but i have lost my on-star and i lost my door chimes and warning chimes (low fuel, etc.). DVD and Navigation work great with the moving bypass, MSN direct works also, i just noticed today that when i put in a SD card that it did not read it. i am hoping that this is because of the crappy modified to hell adapter harness that this guy had used. this will suck because i cannot update the frimware with the SD cards.

I paid $400 for the unit and thought i was doing good, did i get screwed?

Where can i get a harness that will enable all features to work on my truck? Steering controls would be nice too but aren't a hot topic at this point. And do you think the SD card reader is screwed because its reconditioned?

Thanks for any responses ahead of time. this website kicks a@$

All of your issues are pointing to install error and not a faulty unit. You also have to something on the card in order for the unit to recognize it has an SD inserted. There are harness for OnStart and steering wheel controls. Always remember Google is your friend.

i have a gmc yukon denali fully loaded and to keep all ur stuff as close to stock as possible with the avic you my friend need the following:

metra axxess harness: to restore the onstar, door chimes and your bose sound sytems(fully) not just tap into the speaker wires..in other words to get the most out of you bose system...the harness is around 50 bucks for new on ebay

pac swi-ps...to enable your steering controls

and a good mod for the brake bypass(software)

thanks to all

i got the SD card to work, like you had said just needed to have music on it and not just videos and pictures

i hate waiting on shipping and actually found the newer version of the Metra GMOS-04 at Best Buy, plus they have it in stock for about $90. He said the one that is on my car now is about $20 bucks on ebay and has the jerry rigged power to fuse wire. No more of that BS.

you guys have helped out alot

Thanks