AVIC411.com

Help Put My Mind At Ease....

I am having my Z110BT installed this weekend. I am having it installed becuase the truck I just bought (2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD) did not have the in-dash navigation or backup camera I wanted. I couldnt find a truck that exactly what I wanted - so I need to go the after-market route.

I am really nervous about it for a couple reasons:

* Complaints about the AVIC's BT sound quality on the toubleshooting forum. The stock BT in my truck works perfectly. Sound quality is amazing on both ends.

* Complaints about the Z110BT's VR. Again, the stock unit in my GM works great and understands me 100% of the time. Hope I dont go backwards.

* My phone is a Blackberry 9700 and some folks claim there are compatibity issues with BB.

Can someone please smack me around and tell me that I am just being a Nervous Nellie? ;)

Thanks!

The is not "perfect" in these areas but from my experience with my unit, it is very close. Just read up on the forum and the stickies to certain topics for workarounds for problems that some people may have had or are having. The BB however may certainly be an issue. You wont know until you try it unfortunately.

sound quality is great for me, but I'm not using the built in amplifier, I'm using high end aftermarket units. no idea about the built in amp's quality.

I have never encountered a voice recognition system that works perfectly all the time. I have a 2010 Ford with Sync and I avoid the voice recognition because it does not work well. most of these systems will learn to an extent and get better at understanding you as you use it. pioneer says they use the latest VR software and technology so it should be on par with the best out there, but then again that's not a 3rd party claim.

I have a BB Storm, it works perfectly so far. I had some issues getting it paired properly, most of the time because the AVIC was trying to connect and I wasn't watching the BB screen to see the message saying should I allow this connection? click the don't ask again button and I'm all good now. I've tested it for hands free calling, bluetooth streaming audio from stored audio files on the BB as well as streaming live audio feeds (pandora's BB app works perfectly over the car stereo via bluetooth as well as playing video clips on BB, the audio plays on the stereo, the video of course does not play over bluetooth)

save your stock equipment of course! you can always go back, or sell and try another brand. but I think you'll be happy with it.