AVIC411.com

Just installed my Z1. Here's some pics for the junkies.

316687423_f02b5b857e.jpg

316687393_fd9cae9aa0.jpg

316687063_b285ccb4d6.jpg

I'm loving everything about it so far except for the slow MF'n Ipod screen. Is there a way that you guys are getting around this with playlists or something else? If so, I'm leaving on a long trip tomorrow and would love to hear about your methods.

Thanks,

Chris

Sweet Magnum! I like the rims too.

Ipod, yes, I set up about 10 playlists of things I like 100+ songs in different categories. It's not hard to go through 10 playlists. It's hard to search for 1 artist in the middle of 3000. But if you set up a few playlists and just use those it's not so bad.

Yes, it does seem a little faster, maybe 20% faster. It's noticeable. If you didn't say anything I probably wouldn't have noticed but doing a before and after compare, it does seem a little snappier. But not so much that it's like the full control interface from Alpine.

ducatiboy,

I'm scheduled to have my new Avic Z1 installed on Wednesday. I'm very excited. I'm going with HU, bluetooth, Ipod, and haven't decide whether XM or Sirius. However, I will install one or the other for Sat radio. I 'm going with your after 07/06 (2 ground) bypass since I have Oct 2006 unit. Once I have verified that my unit is fully working and bypass has overridden the lockouts, should I update my unit with the bluetooth update disk? I've read from postings that this update is "questionable". I'm excited about any ipod speed or echo improvements that might be available.

What do you recommend?

What do you recommend?

I recommend turning down the volume on your cell phone and pairing it. Then see if your callers notice the echo. I tried that for a couple days before doing the update and I can say it's about the same. But I haven't tested it a ton.

I would recommend Sirius, I like the programming better than XM (I have both).

There has been success with the update, but if it works don't mess with it. I have heard conflicting reports "from pioneer" that the only thing they changed was the bluetooth. I don' t know if the ipod thing is wishful thinking. Seeing it before and after, I can live with either.

When in doubt, don't mess with it. Try it. If you notice the echo even with original pairing with the volume all the way down on the phone, then update it.