AVIC411.com

Call handling button doesn't do anything (F910BT)

Hey there,

The round button on my AVIC F910BT has a small speaking figure and telephone icon on top.

The manual says that it can be used to end active phone calls, and forums (this one too) say that it can be used for voice dialing phone numbers/contacts.

In my case that button doesn't do much. The only thing it does is mute the audio when long pressed.

In other words: I can't end phonecalls which is quite frustrating when I run into someone's voicemail.

I have tried pulling that button up, pressing it, it just won't work.

The phone I'm using is an HTC HD2 and the firmware of the Bluetooth carkit is the latest 3.30.

And what about that voice activation/dialing?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!!!

Alright, got the voice recognition sorted out (seems to be only for USA models, but no idea why I still have that voice icon on my front panel) and the entire Bluetooth crap issue is FIRMWARE and FIRMWARE ALONE.

Today I've been pairing a Nokia E71 to my F910BT and it WORKS LIKE A CHARM.

Even the phonebook contacts are displayed correctly, showing firstname first, lastname last.

When I receive a call, the caller name is displayed, I can adjust volume while in call, hangup, etc. etc. everything works like it really should.

When I connect my HTC HD2 (with both the F910BT's Bluetooth firmware 2.90 and 3.30) contacts are sorted lastname, firstname, audio doesn't mute when calling out, I can't hangup calls, when I receive a call and then end it from the F910BT the audio doesn't come back and the phone call screen remains (like the AVIC thinks it's still in a phone call) .... crap!!!

So what we need here is really NEW and up-to-date firmware for the Parrot Bluetooth module.

I've been using Parrot products like the MKi9200 and the RKi8400, all perfectly working together with that very same HTC HD2. So it's not like it's impossible to have a Parrot module working with those newer phones, they just need to provide us with the firmware!!

Any thoughts or perhaps any success stories in upgrading any F-series with Parrot firmware intended for other Parrot products?

• 5 weeks later...