AVIC411.com

help making the dimmer work correctly

I recently installed my Z110BT in my Corvette (99) and the dimmer does not work properly. I anticipated this because I've heard from other people with this setup that it doesn't work right. the screen dims opposite the instrument lights. the brighter I have the dimmer set the dimmer the screen gets and vice versa. in most GM cars you can also turn the dimmer all the way off and have the cluster lights off. I love this feature for night driving and using the hud to see important gauges. when you dim the car all the way though the screen goes into daytime mode and goes full bright. I guess it just doesn't understand the C5's dimer circuit. this is strange because I have aftermarket gauges in the car which are hooked up to this circuit also and they dim properly with the interior lights. how do I go about fixing the problem?

simple enough. the install manual didn't really explain that well. it looked like the unit would dim with the dimmer, its just backwards. but an all or nothing would work just fine. I have a perfect signal for it which I use for my digital gauges, 12V only when the headlights are on, but not with just the parking lights. that's the way I like it.