AVIC411.com

Looking for help on locating the two wires to tap into for the vss on a 2000 lincoln LS V8.. I am hooking up the avic n3. Also i will need the same info for a 2001 chevy silverado 1500. We already have the units in we just dont know where to hook up the vss wiring!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!! thanks in advance!!

my dads 2000 lincoln ls does not have a vss wire. i searched everywhere and even went under the vehicle at the transmission where some people have found it. but to no avail, its a computer data signal and nothing that can be hooked up to the avic. some of the 2000 models have it and some dont. you may need a pulse generator for the vss.

In the Lincoln or the Silverado? Well, the Lincoln should be black/pink under the door sill, and the Silverado will be light green, either at the BCM below the steering column or at the junction box on the firewall in front of the driver's kick panel. Pull off the plastic cover, and it will be near the top in a plug.