AVIC411.com

Installing x910bt in AUDI A4 2006

Hey Guys, i am getting ready to install x910bt in my AUDI A4 2006. But have tons of questions as am a "Dummy". If you guys can help me with the following questions,

1) I am not using a rear camera- do i need to connect Reverse Signal Cable? If i dont connect will it affect the way GPS works?

2) How do i locate VSS lead in AUDI A4 2006? this one i have no idea at all. please help. Where is it located?

3) I am using http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec164.shtml as my reference. Just want to be sure the pin-out diagram is accurate.

thanks a lot,

Hey Guys, i am getting ready to install x910bt in my AUDI A4 2006. But have tons of questions as am a "Dummy". If you guys can help me with the following questions,

1) I am not using a rear camera- do i need to connect Reverse Signal Cable? If i dont connect will it affect the way GPS works?

2) How do i locate VSS lead in AUDI A4 2006? this one i have no idea at all. please help. Where is it located?

3) I am using http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec164.shtml as my reference. Just want to be sure the pin-out diagram is accurate.

thanks a lot,

1. Should not matter much, but why not connect it anyway, just in case you decide to add a camera later (very useful gizmo, really).

2. If it is like 2007 A3, which I believe it is, you need to get a CAN bus adapter. You need a CAN adapter to get to most of good stuff there anyway, so you may want to get one that does reverse, VSS, headlights at once (SoundGate, I believe, is what is used on mine).

Hey BorisM, thanks for your reply. let me ask you another questions,

Do we really need to connect VSS?? Many post say it is not required

It will work with no VSS connected, but it does help in tunnels and alike, when you have no GPS signal.

I say leave the reverse wire not connected. Whenever you disconnect your battery or have to reset the AVIC, it will default the Rear Camera settings and you'll have to figure out how to get back in the change the setting. If it's not connected, then you don't have to worry about it. If you later decide to add a rear camera, then you can go back in and connect it.