AVIC411.com

1996 toyota camry???

i got me the D2, my sister wanted it

now my dad says he wants it, holy crap i should become a vendor

since my dad moved from queens to cali last week, it's safe to say HE NEEDS a nav system, he doesnt know his way around

just curious, would the D2 fit a 1996 camry? does anyone have the unit on? b/c if it doesnt fit, i would have to look at other brands....but to be honest, i prefer the d2 over all other brands....for 700-750 bucks, it's a steal

camry.jpg

The only wires you won't find behind the radio are your VSS, which is purple/yellow at the ECM in the driver's side of the center console, and the reverse wire, which is red/black in the driver's kick panel. Grab a pizza and a six-pack and go to work.

well, i did it on my a4 last month....on my sister's jetta this weekend and then my dad's camry in a couple of weeks :)

the a4 i didnt finish the job b/c i cou;dnt find the speed sensor so I gave up..it works fine without it

im guessing for the camry i would need the wire harness and dash din as well...?

As for the dash kit, not necessary. Just take the metal brackets off of the factory radio and pocket and bolt them right to the Z1. Just make sure you have a GOOD #2 phillips screwdriver. The screws in the factory radio are legendary for turning into cone-shaped holes if your screwdriver doesn't grab well, right cntry?

im seeing there aint much of a price difference betweent the d1 and d2

actually on ebay the d1's go for 700 bucks, and i got the d2 for 750 bucks

i dont really know the difference between d1 and d2, but i might as well go for the D2 if the difference is only 50 bucks

i dont really know the difference between d1 and d2, but i might as well go for the D2 if the difference is only 50 bucks