AVIC411.com

Where can I get the magnetic plate the GPS antenna sits on?

I can't find the little flat square thing the GPS antenna sits on don't have a clue where it went. Does anyone know where I can get one? I didn't think I would need it, but according to the manual it helps increase the signal strength.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

you can also cut a piece of sheetmetal, i use chunks of ford van left over from window installs. just cut a 3x3 or 4x4 chunk and secure it in a spot under the dash that has a good shot thru the windshield with no metal obstructions above the ant. jim

That piece is really for when you cannot find any metal to attach the antenna.... You use the peel-n-stick backing to attach to plastic, and get the "metal" contact surface that is needed to get the "better signal"

It's actually better if you can find a metal piece on the car to place the antenna....

Having said that... mine is kinda free-floating, squeezed in-between nothing but plastic, and get's signal just fine....

I can't find the little flat square thing the GPS antenna sits on don't have a clue where it went. Does anyone know where I can get one? I didn't think I would need it, but according to the manual it helps increase the signal strength.

Thanks!

You can have mine if you want for FREEEEEE. Just pm me and I'll send it out to you.

It is needed when you don't have the antenna attached to the roof or another metal surface. Look up ground plane and this should give you info on it.

Thanks!

You can have mine if you want for FREEEEEE. Just pm me and I'll send it out to you.

It is needed when you don't have the antenna attached to the roof or another metal surface. Look up ground plane and this should give you info on it.

PM sent thanks!

Still no luck on where to get the original piece. Anyone have a clue or one they don't plan to use?

I have good news. We moved this weekend and in the process of the move I found the plate in my garage. I will mail it off to you first thing tomorrow morning. Ill send a PM as well...

Still no luck on where to get the original piece. Anyone have a clue or one they don't plan to use?

I have good news. We moved this weekend and in the process of the move I found the plate in my garage. I will mail it off to you first thing tomorrow morning. Ill send a PM as well...

Thanks a lot I sent you a return PM.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...