AVIC411.com

Anyone have the HD radio addon?

Would like some pics of what the interface is like, I cant stand the normal FM radio layout, such a beautiful screen and they just made it way to simplistic. Any pics would be appreciated or if you cant take any a good explanation of the differences would be nice.

Thanks

HD Radio sucks, I added the HD option to an F series and have it with my D3 and I am not happy with it. While the concept was sound and it appeared something I would want I rarely use it. Now I live on the fringes of Los Angeles where we do get reception but not all that often and it comes and goes. So while the sound quality when you can get it is nice the fact that it drifts far too often makes it something I rarely use. The interface was a big disappointment. If you expect all this digital information forget about it, you get less information. The presets are a joke (no info attaches to them). As stated its the same interface as the normal AM-FM but Pioneer just did not implement HD as well. The biggest issue is if you don't live IN a big city or if you move from city to city it might not be for you. HD is in no way sat radio. Reception is the biggest issue, data is the second. This is for me, I would suspect there are others who enjoy it being located within a large city.

HD TV has the same issues, while back in the day when you had rabbit ears you could get a decent picture even if far from a large city. Now you either get it or not, there is no gray area. Campers will find this a big problem, HD just does not get out far enough for people to pick up. The old analog had its faults but you could get a signal miles away, OK maybe not perfect but you got one.

Not sure if I'm making sense here but I was disappointed with HD radio from the start, nice concept but its not all that. The interface? Be prepared for plain, not much info and basic.