AVIC411.com

VACATION!!! f700 Navigation not taken me there.

Problem is I am going to the beach in April I have relied on my navigation system on the radio to take me places I knew where I was going, but I used it to show me the fastest way. So now we come to the point were I pretty lost and and have the address to the place, but the radio keeps qwerty the wrong place. From what i'm seeing it is not even bringing up locations is the vicinity of where I need to be. If someone could give me directions on how to get it to take me down there without printing things off from MapQuest (which by the way Google map doesn't exactly tell you were it is either) which is "Old Skool" I would greatly appreciate it..!!!!

Where you going? What beach? Are you putting in a zip code instead of a city name. I have found this is better some times. As with any GPS it may not be 100% accurate 100% of the time. I our town they built a new road. each end of the road was done a year and a half before they connected the two ends. Why? I don't know. The first time I drove the completed road it did not show on the map. The ends were on the map because they had been there over a year. I drove the course, it looked as though I was driving through a corn field. The next day the the map was complete. Coincidence? I can only speculate. Anyway. My F700BT is rarely wrong, but it has been. Like I said try zip code for location if you haven't yet.

The fact that Google Maps doesn't get you there either tells you that it's not the AVIC's fault, it's the underlying map data that's the problem. There are only 2 sources of comprehensive map data in the world, every GPS manufacturer uses 1 of the 2, if the data is missing from one of the two, any device or program using that data will have it missing.

I know that doesn't help a lot, but that's why you had the failure you did.