AVIC411.com

F900BT (Aussie) Backup and Info

Hello,

My Aussie F900BT did the reboot dance last weekend. I haven't done any mods on it but what I did do in the days befor it sh*t itself was change the light colour a few times. I since found out this writes to the Flash disk.. Hmmm suspicious. Anyway end result is corrupt flash disk unit and no backup.

Since then I've done a bit of investigating and discovered 4 things.

1. My 12 months warranty expired 2 months ago :roll:

2. My Flash Disk now shows as 881MB in Storage Manager (testmode). i think it should be 2GB. :shock:

3. Of course I don't have a backup as Pioneer don't tell you you need one, or how to do one, or give you the tools.

4. This seems to be a common problem but when you look on the pioneer web site you don't see jack about it.

:(

So at this point I am waiting on Pioneer to see if they will honor their warranty for what seems to me to be a well known issue. :twisted:

In the meantime I would like to know if any aussies out there have a V2 backup.

How big is it (If its not a personal question) ?

Can I grab it off you. Pretty please. ?

Pioneer won't come to the party even though I am licensed to have the software. I'm not gonna press them on this until I find out about the warranty

I would just like to test out that there is nothing else wrong. So any helpers out there??? I don't even know if a V2 Aussie backup will fit on 880MB of flash disk. So if you could tell me I'm dreaming, or lucky, i'd apreciate it.

Sad Gertsy.

Okay I'm back up an running now. Thanks to a fellow aussie.

All good.

I now have a full backup of my running V2 unit as is my legal right.

PM if you want further info.

BTW: I also found out that Aussie F900BTs have 1GB of Flash (Around 890MB formatted)

And I will still follow up with pioneer. I want the software I originally paid for. (even if I don't use it)

Cheers :lol: