AVIC411.com

Second X910BT defective as well? This is ridiculous.

:shock: Am I just getting defective units or what? :shock:

Two weeks ago I purchased a Pioneer x910bt from Car Toys. Had them install it and I did not mod it; only used AVIC Feeds to update the splash screen the day after I got it. Soon afterwards I started to notice issues including:

• Slow start up
    Unresponsive touch screen
    Inconsistent map views at start up. Set to 3D but now 2D.
    Cross talk with antenna? AM/FM reception sucks.
    SD files skipping during playback.
    Can't disable auto playback when connecting iPhone even if listening to SD or radio.
    Unable to answer phone. On screen but not responding to touch.
    Bluetooth cutting in and out during call. Hand to grab handset during middle of call.
    Call coming in. Not on screen/through system. Had to grab phone.
    Unable to make calls using the contacts even though the phonebook was imported into the unit fine.

Last Monday I went back to Car Toys, they replaced the unit with a different one and now I'm having more issues.

• When driving the arrow is pointed in the correct position, but at a stoplight the map rotates 180 degrees. This doesn't happen all the time.
    During a route, the screen froze and a black bar appeared at the top of the screen. Only after hitting the map button did the screen start responding and the map update.

I'm at the point of having my stock receiver put back in, buy navigation software for the iPhone and find a decent mount for the iPhone.

Advice?

I don't think they are common. I have a 910 in my car and recently installed a 710 in my wife's car. Both work fine, none of the above problems. The only mod I have is the hardware bypass.

At one time I did have various problems on my 910. I had made various changes to the map display settings and enabled track logs. The unit acted weird for a couple of months and then went into really weird mode: out of memory errors, extremely long startup times, etc. I did a master reset on it and left most everything at the default settings and kept track logs turned off. I did change the volume settings and set some POIs to display but that's about it.

My wife's 710 did a strrange thing once - I was in a shopping center parking lot and the display seemed to be mirrored, opposite of what it should be. I started driving and it returned to normal.

Try doing a master reset (or whatever it's called) and see if it starts acting right.

Try doing a master reset (or whatever it's called) and see if it starts acting right.

Did the reset on Saturday, but still having issues. Talked with Car Toys and forwarded them pics I was able to capture of the unit freezing with black bar at the top of the screen. They are contacting the Pioneer rep to see what's what.

Exactly why im assuming pioneer is ditching the Frankenstein that is the current x/f series. When you take windows ce, which is not meant to be a car stereo os to begin with, now stuff igo, bluetooth, iphone/ipod into one interactive package. All these products are from different companies and have to work together through windows ce It's not going to work very well. It has definitely gotten better with 3.0 but its as good as its going to get now they are going back to the windows automotive with the x920bt, and their own nav software.

The x920bt unit has none of the issues I experienced with my f series, which si running the same as the x series. Response is instant, there is no screen refreshing with maps lets say. Unit boot up is 15 seconds.

All those quirks you got used to, which were pretty mild by comparison on day 1. YOu quickly forget when you get a unit that just works as it should.

I am assuming pioneer learned their lesson. Not has hackable, but hey 90 percent few complaints and a good percentage less returns I would assume.