AVIC411.com

Avox Problems

Well my avox jukebox has really been testing my patience for the last two days. It is almost completely unresponsive to the remote. I tried everything to get it to turn or use any of the other commands and it works in like 1 out 50 attempts. I know all my power wiring in the car is correct. I even tried it in the house with the original power adaptor and it just turns on whenver it feels like it. And even after it does, more than half the time it becomes unresponsive after that. I dont think its the remote because its brand new and a new battery. I think it might be the board on jukebox itself. Im thinking it went bad. Any ideas?

Shouldnt be the board. I mentioned it in another thread, as well as the AVOX fan threads I linked to on other boards all mentioned the crappy IR eye on it. Open the avox up and see if you can push it a little bit forward. Unfortunately with the AVOX you definitely need to do a direct line of sight for this unit with the remote. Thats why I purchased the external IR extender. The AVOX stays hidden in my glove box and the IR Extender is small and glued to under my steering column.