AVIC411.com

Hello

I have a pioneer F900BT Europe with Diaftia's very nice mod and it works beautiful.

But I am missing one thing from my TomTom so I have one question.

Is it possible to have (selected) poi's on your Navi map?

So you can see there is a poi i needed/like.

And also nice, when you have one on your route you have a message like the speedcam.

TomTom has this and that is nice (for use for mobilhome places, special shops, interest points, enz.)

Naturally you can show by pois "round GPS" but is that on your route? Do you have to go back? enz.

Thanks for thinking for me

Ron

(Netherlands)

yes you can go into the menu and set what ever POI's you want to (for instance i have all ATM, gas stations and parking structures showing on the map at all times) show up with a icon

First thank for the reaction.

Please help me a little bit more, give me a hint :) Where in, or in with menu +/- can I do that ?

I have looking now +/- 2 days and nothing found !!

Do you also now how a can a lot of Tomtom OV2 poi's convert to the Pioneer?

I have a xxxxxx.OV2 file with 5000 Poi's (Motor-home places Europe) but wit NAV-feed from pioneer a can only do max. 100 :( So I have it broken up in 50 files! :(:?

I have try "Igo -poi editor" and they translate tomtom OV2 to KML nice on my SD-card but the Pioneer F900BT didn't accept / recognize this KML.

sure

menu > settings > nav settings > visual > manage POI's (at the very bottom) then you select which poi's you want to see, then set there visibility to far (so that it will show them on the map even if your zoom out really far)

and sorry i know nothing about adding more or converting POI's

yes you can go into the menu and set what ever POI's you want to (for instance i have all ATM, gas stations and parking structures showing on the map at all times) show up with a icon

First thank for the reaction.

Please help me a little bit more, give me a hint :) Where in, or in with menu +/- can I do that ?

I have looking now +/- 2 days and nothing found !!

Do you also now how a can a lot of Tomtom OV2 poi's convert to the Pioneer?

I have a xxxxxx.OV2 file with 5000 Poi's (Motor-home places Europe) but wit NAV-feed from pioneer a can only do max. 100 :( So I have it broken up in 50 files! :(:?

I have try "Igo -poi editor" and they translate tomtom OV2 to KML nice on my SD-card but the Pioneer F900BT didn't accept / recognize this KML.

You probably want to convert them to iGO's .UPOI format.

sure

menu > settings > nav settings > visual > manage POI's (at the very bottom) then you select which poi's you want to see, then set there visibility to far (so that it will show them on the map even if your zoom out really far)

and sorry i know nothing about adding more or converting POI's

If your using Diaftia's mod its: SETTINGS, NAVI SETTINGS, MANAGE, POI. In the future please PM Diaftia with any questions on his mod.

.UPOI format never worked for me either. Regardless your not going to be able to use a file with that many POI locations without the unit becoming nearly unusable. It just wont process that many locations without bringing it to a crawl. However, boot to testmode and navigate to apl2/igo/content/ and create a folder named userdata. In that folder create a folder called POI. There you can copy your .KML file. Remember however, a file that big is going to cause problems with the unit.

.UPOI format never worked for me either. Regardless your not going to be able to use a file with that many POI locations without the unit becoming nearly unusable. It just wont process that many locations without bringing it to a crawl. However, boot to testmode and navigate to apl2/igo/content/ and create a folder named userdata. In that folder create a folder called POI. There you can copy your .KML file. Remember however, a file that big is going to cause problems with the unit.

Thanks again. I was also forgot to thanks for the explanation for how I can show the poi's on the map. Its works :D

I have now a lot of POI's on the SD card and it works fine. But the problem how easy convert a lot of poi's to the pioneer format. The only thing I can do now is broke the +/- 5000 poi's to 50x100 :(:evil:

Greetings

Ron

Thanks again, I now and I have try it (your link) but not one accept the pioneer f900BT directly.

I have (after the convert to .kml) to convert it whit "Avicfeeds" Pioneer program but this program accept no more POI's then 100 (or 150? ) for convertion :evil:

Only the KML file he don't understand :-(

I am looking for a sort Avicfeed" for larger files.

Avicfeeds make after the conversion with Avicfeed a:

- .kns

- .kst

- ITN converter / .kml

- . kix

file.

When the pioneer F900BT see all this file's he accept it as a Poi.

Thank for all your help and when you (or another :-)) now a solution... :D

Ron

Forget AVIC FEEDS. Use the link I provided to upload you large POI file and convert it to a .kml file. Then just copy that .kml file to your SD card and the unit will process it. It will take a while to process a file that big but you will eventually be able to see the new POI in your list of POIs on the unit.

I have try and I waiting now 3 our!

I have put the file on SD card and in the map userdata on the system but he don't show anything.

I have format de SD-card and put only the bordatlas.kml file on the sd-card.

I have also try to put the kml file directly in the pioneer poi map :evil:

He did not find the name bordatlas not on the SD card not in the poi .. nowhere

What do I wrong???

It will be so nice when this is working.

Thanks again, Ron

The .kml file has to be in a folder on the SD card to work properly. However these folders have to created by the AVIC FEEDS app. Open the AVIC FEEDS app and import your .kml file. When you process the .kml file, it should give you an error that the file is too big. Don't worry about the error, just proceed with processing the file till it is saved to the SD card. Once the file is on the SD card, go into the POI folder on the SD card and now replace the file created with AVIC FEEDS with the .kml file you want to use with the unit. Return to the unit and and allow the unit to process the file. Like I said though, it is going to take a while to process a file that big and your unit will likely be very slow or unresponsive. Once it finishes processing the file, you should be able to see the new POI in the list with the rest of the POI files.