AVIC411.com

MSN Direct missing data - Firmware update?

Howdy.

My Z110 and x910 now have working MSN, but there are no movie times or local events listed for my area.... it says "data not available" in Greensboro, NC. According to MSN Direct's web site, ALL MSN data should be available for this area.

I called them, and they INSISTED that if the movie and local data is not being shown, Pioneer needs to update their firmware as the newer Pioneer units should show this info.

Furthermore, MSN is now broadcasting flight times and doppler radar images as well. A firmware update from Pioneer is needed to see this information.

Anyone have any info on this? I see nothing on the Pioneer support site.

Thx.

Seeing the exact same thing in Austin, TX. Well, almost the exact same thing. These two feeds always seem to be the last thing loaded on MSN, and appears they don't even start to transmit it until sometime in the afternoon. I've never had data in these two sections before noon, but they almost always seem to appear towards the end of my commute home after work (~45 min drive in the evening). After a few months of owning this unit, I find that I really don't reference any MSN data anymore, except the traffic stuff (and that's not perfect).

Greensboro has a huge amount of theaters, and my wife wanted the MSN solely to check movie times..... and of course it doesn't work. We're not talking about a huge amount of data here. It's a text message size practically.

I'm glad to see yet another two companies advertise something and then not deliver it. Go USA! We're the BEST!

First of all, Pioneer isn't a U.S. company.

Anyway, you will find something like this with a LOT of companies nowadays: they always want to point the finger. The problem with that is, if you are always pointing your finger at someone else, you have three more pointing back at you.

Try it out: call Pioneer and they will tell you it's a problem with Microsoft. Call Microsoft and they will tell you it's a problem with Pioneer.

Pioneer has a huge building in this country, in California, filled to the brim with USA trained executive types that do all the actual USA advertising of their product.

And, yes, they will definitely all point the finger at one another, and it is "screw you, customer" in the end..... absolute typical attitude for the mighty United States.

This is the reason it is so amusing to see people who find Windows exploits post them to the internet, forcing Microsoft to scramble. It forces them to actually fix their product instead of ignoring customers. Wish someone could do that for every US product.

How did this turn into an, "I hate the US thread"? The Problem with Pioneer is in Japan, not the US. The US side does whatever Japan tells them too including being completely out of touch with the US consumer base. Please don't speculate with what you think is the problem when you don't really know for sure. Now lets please get back on topic.

Ha! It's just very common for big companies to advertise something and then not deliver, and that's a US thing.

As for the Japanese, their whole culture thrives upon quality and honesty. You do not embarrass yourself or your company over there. I do not agree that the Pioneer US team does what Japan tells them to. I'd like to know more about that. I think the Japanese people at Pioneer are being fed pure BS by their US counterparts.

Typically, it is US companies that operate like this. I give you Microsoft, and any cable company..... $30 for cable TV that turns into $70 a month after fees. How about AT&T's massive network problems? Sure, let's sell 10 million iphones when our network can only handle 8 million..... and need I mention the US banking industry?

Others give us BMW, Nintendo, and Sony.

I suggest a book, from an MSNBC guy no less, called "Gotcha Capitalism". The entire US retail system is now set up as a gigantic false-advertising monster. Best book ever written.

Toyota, it seems, has found itself with too much of a US presence. I don't think it a coincidence that Toyota's problems began when their presence in the US was greatly expanded.

So it is not anti-USA, it is anti-USA-company and company executives.

That huge building is actually a warehouse in the ghetto where they ship products to all of us dealers. And most of the 'USA trained' people were laid off over the last two years. Its much more of a japanese run company than you will ever know, or probably admit based on your comments

Pioneer has a huge building in this country, in California, filled to the brim with USA trained executive types that do all the actual USA advertising of their product.

And, yes, they will definitely all point the finger at one another, and it is "screw you, customer" in the end..... absolute typical attitude for the mighty United States.

This is the reason it is so amusing to see people who find Windows exploits post them to the internet, forcing Microsoft to scramble. It forces them to actually fix their product instead of ignoring customers. Wish someone could do that for every US product.

Off topic? Are you kidding?

Here is your topic, is the PIONEER AVIC-Z110 advertising clearly lists features that it does not have OR it lists features that do not work because PIONEER does not have the ABILITY or DESIRE to make it work, but they do have the desire to continue to illegally advertise their product in that manner. And somehow the guys at Pioneer USA have nothing to do with it, huh?

Right....

Stop making this political, or take it to the off-topic area.

Thank you. It is clear Pioneer has its head up its ass in several areas but it is a company problem and it is a Japanese company, period. Lay off the US hatred on this thread or take it to off topic before I have to lock this thread.